Returning

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Tanilye, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Tanilye New Member

Hello!

I know this has been discussed before and there are some great tips for returning players. My hubby and I quit playing about 4 - 5 years ago and are looking to start again. His toons are mostly 95 mine are 90. We were on the permafrost server in a raiding guild before we left. We were moved to Skyfire (I think) and all our names were changed to have random letters on the end. Is there a way to change this?

Also any tips on where to start, what we should focus on etc would be helpful!
  2. SteveB Active Member

Hey,
    you should ahve a renaming item in your bags when your name got renamed.
    If you know somebody it would be best to let you psuhed to 100 in ToV The Fabled Halls of Fate.
    Afterwards it makes sense to do the Planes of Property Timeline where you will be 110 at the end anyway.
    Of course that is mainly an option if you know somebody and got the latest expansion.
    Another way is to only do the timeline because if you buy the expansiony ou get an isntant 100 boost anyway.

Hint: Either way you should do your Epic 2 and unlock your ascensions with the Kunark Timeline but the mobs are of course more easy if you are on a higher level.
  3. Tanilye New Member

Would it be worth it to look into transferring to a different server? I'm not sure what the population looks like on this one.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

There will NOT be a rename item in your bags. You just use the /rename command. Type "/rename (insert your desired new name here)." If you get an error, that means the name you want is already taken.
    flameweaver likes this.
  5. Billzbub Active Member

The population of Skyfire is pretty good. There's a lot of us on Skyfire from the old Mistmoore and Permafrost days. Welcome back!