returning Wizard

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Thagrin, Jan 21, 2024.

1. Thagrin New Member

I haven't played my Wizard since Sinking Sands and would like some advice on how they have going since then. Stuff like casting order, what stats are important and what ascension is best.
    Thanks for any help
  2. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello,
    fist to say i am not an Expert on Wizzy for this may ask Tairach GER ,ENG / Elosul GER ,ENG / Plavkobot ENG, RUS/ or Pischal ENG, RUS if still playing. ( All these Guys are Raiders )

For all Classes since DB decieded to make all the same pudding these stats are recomanded nowdays

1 Potency beyond 1.450 kk around
    2 Critbonus 35k
    3 Fervor 950-1300
    4 Ability mod 60-80kk+
    5 Abbility Double Cast 550
    All Stats Solo without Groupe or Raid Buffs

Than gather as much as pos Fervor and Critbonus Overcap, get Mount / Merc / Familiar on Max level.
    Go into BoZ Expa Do Signature line ADV and TS for hint do TS first because after you can Fly in all zones and if take all mats with you its realy short.
    Farm your current Currnecy you need 2350 around for by the current live Flawlessbuff and the 480 Resolve Necklace on Status vendor. If you have bought the Premium / Collectors Eddition you can Buy a upgraded Mount from the Currency vendor if claimed the one from the Expa before. Than you can go directly down on the Highest available mount on the researcher for mounts and research Hanku the Traveler ( only pos if not standart)

Ascension class for a Wizzy best Elementalist because some buffs increase Elemental Damage of Profession Spells ( Elemental Channeling ) ,
    Some Wizzy play Etheralist too but i would prefer Ele for all clases which primary deal Elemental Damge ( Heat / Cold ) like Wizzard / Fury / Warden / Conj

Than find one who can craft the now days Expert Spells for your toon and read carefuly what they are doing.
    Think about a cast order and may ask one about your ideas if your right:)

Do latest Panda Quest Line for get all the requierd updates from the past Addorns / AA updates read carfuly what the addos do and seek for the Budd once they are in function in current live.
    in the end you need to find a Mix out of the Addornments from the Lockbox in Splendor Arie and the Panda once.
    Panda is Placed in SF Expansion on the Starter Island near the Spire you drop. Take the Quests form the Big Panda on the right side.

If you have time create a toon on US Client Game Version Lore and Legend Server level 1 you automaticaly get bosted to level 90 you will get i guess it was 9 Quests with 3 Dundgens to do for a formaly weekly updates a few of the Dundgens need a Hallmark Quest before enter like Nek Castle / Icy Dig / Unrest for example yoz need to do or find one left on server who can zone you in.
    For info to walkthrough use EQ2 Wikki.

Nowdays you can do all Quests in any order dosent matter which you go first you need do all , if finished all you ( Accountflag)
    you will get the final Reward a Green Addornment Spirit of Drakkel which serves Fervor and Fervor Overcap and the major point 430 CB overcap.

Cast and Reuse / Speed should be at least 100 if not reach with gear need use the Pink Addorns Currnet Live and White form Level 96 AoM.

the last thing to mention is the Resolve which is needed anyway since 5 Expas now its a Benchmark you need to reach to be relevant in anyway.
    ianiention and elbuenomalo88 like this.
  3. Thagrin New Member

Thanks for the reply and the info
    elbuenomalo88 likes this.
  4. elbuenomalo88 New Member

Very nice little guide hellfiren!!!

But the Adorments are not pink!! they re purple!! lol
  5. elbuenomalo88 New Member

Welcome back friend! i understand you i was away for like 14 years and back since 2 years and lv 125-130 now is kind of so much to do to become able to contribute into heroics but once u got it. its a lot of fun!

Which Server are you if i may ask?
  6. Thagrin New Member

Maj Dul