Returning to game.. No abilities work.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ealthina, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Ealthina Member

Hey folks,

I am a returning player. I re-installed, logged into my account only to discover that NONE of my spells, nor abilities work at all (Call to guildhall etc..). I can not cast buffs, CA's, use abilities from hotbars or the knowledge book. They are grayed out. I am still F2p atm, but that should not matter on abilities. Anyone have a possible fix or explination?
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

If you are a fae or arasai, check to see that you don't have Seelie or Unseelie form on.

I can't think of another reason atm that that would happen.
    Dude likes this.
  3. Ealthina Member

Hmm, I am Fae so maybe that is exactly it. Ill check it out..
  4. Ealthina Member

Hurray!!! That was it!!! I had illusions turned off and that Sylvani form on. It's been a couple years and I don't remember why I had it active in the first place. it worked though. You're a genius.
    Breanna, Finora, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's a freakish bug! Somebody /bug that in-game.
  6. Stach Well-Known Member

he could submit it on the bug tracker also!!!!!
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

That's not a bug that I'm aware of. That's been a feature of Sylvani/Unseelie form since EoF was released (I think I even remember it in beta).
  8. Faelan Active Member

Not a bug. You are stifled when in Sylvani form, it was intended as a travel spell. In exchange for being stifled, you get to be very small and have a large aggro range reduction, almost a form of stealth. I don't know if they ever changed it, but you basically could go by unnoticed, even by the undead or other mobs that see through stealth, but you still could not get right up in their face.