Returning to game after long break ...quick question

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Zigzig, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Zigzig New Member

Hi guys
    Im thinking of returning to EQ2 after several years out of the game.Was an EQ player from beta then played EQ2 from launch for maybe 2 years.Originally played on EU server splitpaw then switched to Nagafen when splitpaw population dropped to non existant.Have recently emigrated from uk to Canada so would now like to pick a us server to restart on.Any advice on best server to pick as regards population would be most appreciated and also introducing my wife to the game for the first time so any tips on best class for her to pick as a newbie would also be helpful.I intend to start again at lvl 1 as i have been out too long i need to re learn the game.Thanks in advance guys for any advice offered ...Zigzig
  2. Skitterfast Well-Known Member

AB and Everfrost both have decent populations.

I personally am a fan of the mystic and conjurer, and think they make a good duo. Skitterfast is the mystic I played opposite my wife's conjurer and we had a blast. You may find you prefer other class combinations.

Decide if you want to PL to high level or take your time and just duo with your wife. If all you are doing is duoing, slow down your leveling and take your time. There are years worth of low level content worth playing through if you are not in a hurry.

If you are interested in racing to the top, I cannot help. I've never been a fan of PLing and have no clue as to the most efficient methods.
  3. Zigzig New Member

Hi Skitterfast,
    Many thanks for the reply mate.In no hurry to level...personally never saw the attraction of instantly leveled toon had a few in the past and found they just never inspired me to play because i never got them there.Found one of my old accounts so started again at level 1 on AB and have some pretty sweet 8 year vet awards.Went with conjurer paladin combo unfortunately made them before your reply but so far having a blast...Thanks again ..Zigzig
  4. Wulfhammer Active Member

Go Antonia Bale... Good pop and are good people....