Returning to EQ2, last Xpac was ToT - what do I need for grouping in CD?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Dunhal, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Dunhal New Member

Hi,

the title basically says it all. Last time I played (non TLE) was in ToT. Now, I want to get into CD with the aim to be able to do heroics. I read other threads about itemization etc. and I think I got that. What I am not sure about is what to get from KA-PoP quest- or item wise. Since I want to do DC content asap, I want to focus only on the really important things. Could I get some advice here?

I was thinking about using my lvl-to-110 token for my DC main.

Thanks in advance!
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Sig has some fantastic information up on the wiki as she has linked. It may seem overwhelming, but as the cliché says Rome was not built in a day. Do not try and process all of this information in a single go either. Take your time, read bits at a time, catch up here and there, intersperse catching up on things with doing some other things you would like to do. Make some friends, renew old friendships, find a nice, friendly, helpful, casual guild and sign up.

Welcome back to Norrath and enjoy your journey.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Tommara Active Member

tldr from that thread:

"why bother if you're going to swap it anyway" is the attitude which is keeping people from success in heroics. You must must must infuse infuse infuse. Why bother? Because otherwise you are sandbagging your group into failure. This xpac is balanced around refined INFUSED experimented reforged MC gear. Until people embrace that notion they will fail repeatedly in T1s much less T2s. Previous xpacs have not been balanced this way and so people have a serious attitude adjustment in store for them."

which I think is accurate.

But it's more fun posting here than doing it. Not the fault of the person who posted it, who just stated what is.