Returning Playing - a few questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Harsh, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Harsh New Member

A friend and myself are consisting returning to the game. We had played the game from launch into CoE heavily, to include top end raiding. (I did return for a brief few months during KA as well.) We are both intending on staying extremely casual and just progressing slowly to enjoy all the old content that doesn’t see the light of day any more. Just something to pass the time and be nostalgic together.

What classes should we duo? We fully intend on starting new characters. Initial thoughts were SK and Inq (based on our past play times.) A bit of research and Inq may not be what they once were? Seems Mystic/Warden may be a better choice. What are your thoughts on a good duo pair?

We also intended to just be F2P. With the TLE server available, that nostalgic feeling might be better suited there, but that would require paying (which we aren’t opposed to.) We also would like to play on a server where you will see more than 3 people outside of end game content.

I’m not looking for negative feedback about how the game is in a terrible state right now, etc etc. I already know all this and these aren’t my reasons for wanting to possibly play again. Any insightful feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Krednok, Feara and Sturmlocke like this.
  2. Krednok Member

I'm a Berserker so I can feel like a warrior, lol.

I don't look into best class, best build, best anything, just what's fun and deal with it. I die a lot doing melee but I don't mind. Just load up macro's and button mash 1111111 22 11111111, lol.
    Like a fine mix of action/casual. :D

Server: TLE is pay, but Antonia Bayle is free and I've met some cool people on there around my level.
    Sturmlocke likes this.
  3. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Welcome back!

Much of what you just wrote warms my heart tbh. That's right, take it in a slow, relaxing and nostalgic manner:

I have been a wizard for decades now, although I have tried a bunch of other things as time went on, every few years that is, but I always come back to the wizard for some reason. I like the sheer amount of devastating nuking power this class has. Now that I think of it, this is one of EQ2's unique features tbh, the amount of variety when it comes to the classes, races, zones, lore - you name it - is mindblowing. So many colors to witness and experience. I'd say test a handful of classes that catch your eye and just go with the one that "feels" right to you, same goes for the race choice. I play on Halls of Fate live server, which is the server that I can recommend, but I would highly suggest getting into a friendly guild at some point, if lower end content is one of the things that ya'll want to experience. I like the fact that we have the tlp servers, but I just do good old live 99 percent of the time. Older zones and content is beautiful, a shame ppl nowadays like to rush through things like that, because there is so much to see and read in lower end zones. Fully agreed, don't let anyone make you rush through the old content, it's gold and very well worth the time investment.

Hope you guys enjoy your stay in this one of a kind magical world, and be sure to let us know how your adventure plays out over time.
    Twyla, Breanna and Krednok like this.
  4. Krednok Member

.I agree, take it in, heck, last week I ended up running around with some random dude, we slaughtered a few mobs and ended up in my Inn Room sitting at the table chatting about random stuff, lol.
    Breanna and Sturmlocke like this.
  5. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Does the Vermin's Syne mob, Ayamia the Rat Queen still exist ingame?
  6. Dgkelly38 Active Member

Disregard previous, please. Given how long they have been around, should Murrar Shar or Kell Silentfang be replaced by a Vha Shir; the latter is more likely, but still...