Returning Players in need of help

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Casimer, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Casimer New Member

We are a group of returning players, and need some questions answered. We left in the beginning of ToV.
    First is we are a group of 4 using mercs to fill the rest, typically the Aerakyn Monk and either the Wood Elf Warden or the Inquisitor merc from Tinkerfest. We have none stop problems with the ToV dungeons. Do we need to start asking players to join us or are we fine using Mercs?
    Also where the ToV dungeons considered really bad, and are the AoM dungeons better? Like have said we have had a huge problem with the dungeons. It is mostly duet o mechanics of the fights. The two dungeons we keep trying is Nexus Core and Stratum of the Protectors. In other words, I am asking are the ToV dungeons not worth it and should we just skip them, and start leveling and working towards the AoM dungeons?
    If the ToV dungeons are fine, where do we start from, and how do we get there? We have been doing the solo dungeons for a while.
    If the ToV dungeons arent worth it, Where should we start with AoM?
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

I would recommend you skip TOV completely and focus your efforts on getting to 100. Time versus reward. Even today's player made gear is better than the TOV rewards. To start AOM you need to visit the quest starter dude in your main city. Click this link. It is a full AOM walkthrough. http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Shattered_Seas_Timeline
  3. Ashkali New Member

At 90 Skyshrine is best for a group, just grind all the disticts. At 95+, if you can handle HKC, I would suggest doing some runs through there. Alternatively, the SS quests will take you close enough to 100 to begin work on the Tranquil Sea quests, which will push you to 100.

The gear changes at 95, 96, and 98 make a huge impact on ToV and progress through AoM. Revisiting ToV once you have reached these markers will result in a better experience without too much time lost.
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

I have 4 toons in AoM currently. One has completed the sig line. The others I'm leveling partially on the sig line and partially grinding to 100 to get better gear before completing the sig line. 3 toons completed ToV 's sig line and they were far better off coming into AoM than my Mystic who skipped ToV totally.

Coming in with a mix of CoE fabled and 95 Handcraft? The Mystic is having a pretty tough slog. Might have to pull out a merc after all. Can't keep the stupid dog alive.