Returning Player

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ironback, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Ironback Member

So...
    Played EQ upon release and went over to EQ II when it launched. I'm prior military so I got pulled away from the game for a loooong time and unfortunately, never found my way back.

Long story short: I'm retired now and ready to go back in. I've looked at the launcher, still haven't hit the button, and noticed that my favorite character is still there.

I have so many questions. So I'll just ask the ones I think need answered before I do hot that button.

1. I've read up on TLE servers. Can I use my favorite character there? Or will I be required to make a new one?
    2. I live in central U.S.. What would be a good server, population wise, to play on in the evenings?
    3. TLE server or live server? I'm interested in varying opinions.

Thank you all in advance for your input. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you want to play on a TLE server, you have to be a subscriber, and you have to make a new character.

If you are looking for lower level groups, TLE is your best bet in general. But you don't really need to group for most of the game: hire a mercenary (you have to purchase the mercenary hire ability) and that will get you up into your 90s easily.

If yoiu are interested in getting to max level (currently 120), then you probably want to be on one of the live servers, Maj'Dul is probably the most heavily populated.
    parissa, Cyrrena, Ironback and 2 others like this.
  3. Ironback Member

Thank you for the prompt reply. I should have mentioned that I will be getting a year sub. But I doubt I'll be playing on a TLE. I'm a solo player and I play for the exploration and fun. I'm definitely not a min/max type of player. My favorite toon is my Ogre Guardian.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Kaladim, the TLE server, just had Echoes of Faydwar unlocked on Tuesday, and the level cap is currently 70. This is the closest you will get to the original EQ2 experience. The leveling is slower, but there are people at all level ranges to group with and many helpful guilds to join. There are no mercenaries or flying mounts. But as Siggy stated, you must have an all access subscription and you cannot transfer a character to Kaladim, you must create one there.