Returning player

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Soulrx, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Soulrx New Member

Not sure where to post this since there isn't a newbie forum so I'll apologize in advance. I played a warden to ~45 at release and see lots has changed. I would like to test with waters with f2p character and I am looking for some advice.

I am looking forward to doing mostly solo and small group (instance) content. What I have gathered from these forums and eq2flames was that AB and Freeport are the most active servers. Would it be hard to find a social guild with similar players? Classes I am interested in playing are, Inquis, Brigand, Zerker, Wiz but not sure which would be best for the content I am trying to experience.

If there is anything else I might need to know before starting please feel free to give me the heads up. :)

Ps. I didn't want to post this on eq2flames because it seems like there are a lot more troll on those forums.
  2. Hachi Member

Not at all.

Any of those will work just fine as far as being effective; it really depends on your play style. Since you haven't played since launch, I'd suggest trying them all. Usually you can figure out before reaching level 20 whether a class suits you or not.
  3. Soulrx New Member

Would you recommend Freeport over AB? And how are the classes without heals at soloing?
  4. Hachi Member

I haven't played on AB for years, and all of my recently played characters are on Freeport. So I'm a bit biased. ;)

The ones you listed are all good. I'd say from personal experience that a wizard played well is excellent solo, probably the best of your list (though that's just my opinion). Berserkers are also pretty much easy mode up until the top tiers as well, but kind of boring. I honestly haven't played a brigand in a while, but when I did it was smooth soloing *if* you took some care in choosing your battles. By far the most involved class in solo combat is a scout due to positional attacks.
  5. Soulrx New Member

Thanks for the help I'll probably head over to Freeport.
  6. Ivory Member

I'll ask the question that seems to have been over looked... If you played a Warden to 45, why wouldn't you re-roll a new Warden? Unless your looking for something completely different.
  7. Hachi Member

> I'll ask the question that seems to have been over looked...

Not so much overlooked as assumed that by saying "classes I am interested in playing" where the list doesn't include warden, the OP isn't interested in re-rolling a warden for some reason. ;)