Returning player with some concerns

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Carnithus, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Carnithus New Member

I played EQ 2 for about a year a while back and loved it and was thinking of coming back but I'm seeing a few issues that concern me.
    My biggest concern is population. Back when I was pay to play and still learning how to play the game, top players in my guild were paying for multiple accounts to form their own groups because the servers were dead. Today it still seems to be a big problem.
    Another issue is the all access sony is giving players to play 5-6 games on their accounts. This really comes back to the population issue because it seems to me the player base is being spread way to thin across multiple games.
    Is EQ 2 stable enough for the long haul or should I move on to other games?
  2. Ratza Well-Known Member

Yes, some servers have very low pops....Go with AB server if you're looking for the highest population.
  3. Xaiveir Active Member

Lower populations at lower levels is an unfortunate by product of being a top heavy game. However, there are some servers that have a higher low level pop. AB and Freeport probably have the most lower level pops (imho). Other servers can work out as well. There are plenty of guilds on most servers that will take in a lower level character that have lower level people already or lower level alts. Hit the U button to bring up the guild page of guild recruiting and peruse them. Shoot out some tells and that will help quite a bit.

EQ 2 is stable enough for the long haul to invest in, absolutely. Especially with the expansion coming out soon. There is always a nice spike in population right before, during and after an expansion.