Returning player with a quick question, if you have the time :)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by EverQuesting, Dec 20, 2012.

1. EverQuesting New Member

I played EQ2 three years ago, and was thinking about returning. There's just one question I'm wondering about, though. Much as I like the game, we are talking a game that's been out eight whole years already. So the question is quite simple: Is it worth it? What I mean is if the game seems to be growing stronger, or are people leaving? Again, we're talking a game that's a respectable eight years old. That's a lot, even for MMORPGs. I just don't want to get started on a game like this unless I know it'll last for years to come. :)

That said, I have already made a new character and had some fun, and I do want to stay. Just this morning, I read in the chat that a guild was looking for members, and "dragon mounts not required". Not required? But... they are in? Awesome game just got awesomer. ;)
  2. decator666 Member

Hi! Welcome back btw...I am a fairly new player to this game (7 months)...and after trying many games and getting bored within a few months found that this game is fun and keeps your busy and entertained.

They are constantly adding things to the game. I have played new games that don't add as often as this game adds...like I tried Tera for 1 month and that was enough to bore me to death...Vanguard was an awesome game but they kind of gave up on it and didn't even update anything or even fix gameplay issues...But this game gets alot of love.

If you like housing and crafting this game is very deep and fun. It has the best housing system since Ultima Online, and I have brought friends over just from seeing that aspect of the game.

Crafting is fun galore and moves quickly too. It's not your normal boring click 1x and craft it's a system where you are kind of part of the production of the product so it's at least fun...(well at least for me I love to craft)...Plus you can earn your flying mounts, ground mounts, and leapers just from crafting so that you can adventure with faster transportation. Quite awesome really.

And, there are many classes and races to choose from...Huge yay to me I love to have alts and try out new fighting styles...So many games nowadays only give you like 5 classes but not this one yay...

Hope ya enjoy this one...I'll be here for years.
  3. Foretold Well-Known Member

There are wurm and wyvern mounts, which are "dragony" looking. I really like the wyvern mount myself.

The game is 8 years old. IMHO its not dying. Its doing just as well as an 8 year old game should.... there are people here, we play, we get a little new blood every now and again (like you). There are still new expansions so its not on life support yet. I'm sure there's a few people who will disagree with me, but I think the game still has a few years left in it. It's still fun, anyway :D
    mavet likes this.
  4. EverQuesting New Member

Thanks, you've convinced me. I'm returning for good. :) I've played a little while already, and I like what I see.
  5. decator666 Member

I think you'll have lots of fun here. It's the best game out there so far....IMHO
  6. EverQuesting New Member

Thanks. I enjoy the game so far, and can't wait to dig back in fully. Interestingly, I can play a gnome troubadour, even if I play the free version now. That's pretty cool. I love the glasses. :)
  7. decator666 Member

Oh yes...I made a cute gnome i called dannydevito and put some glasses on him...the fae chars are awesome because at 85 they can fly with their own wings...just do an easy quest and you can do that quest instead of the standard griffon quest.
  8. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I like that guild announcement, the "Dragon not required" one. Also it tells me you are on AB. Welcome back :)
  9. EverQuesting New Member

Yeah, I'm AB. I love roleplaying, as long as it's not the usual "stand in a circle talking in-character". I prefer questing in-character, having IC guild meetings and so on. :)

I thought about making a fae, but I think the wings would be pretty darn annoying after a while. Same with those frogs. They are fun the first few minutes, but the boring jumping will get boring quickly, in my opinion. :)
  10. decator666 Member

Haha...I have a frog too...Well fae's are the most beautiful characters in the game IMO, but I never noticed the wings were an issue...But one thing I didn't like about them is that the appearance bow I put on my fae ranger does not show on her unless she is actually fighting...I submitted a ticket on that one and no reply...oh well....

My frog haha I created him for humor...he's a bruiser and I figured those big feet would do well at kicking... Yes he is a hobbly little critter tho...I love to try every race hehe.
  11. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

In character questing and grouping is fun. In character raiding makes you want to punch someone. I raided with a healer that had "By the grace of Tunare, I cure you of your malady" on a cure-intensive fight. We were all bashing our heads on our keyboards over that one.
    mavet likes this.
  12. mavet New Member

I think EQ2 will be here for MANY years to come :) After all, the EQ franchise is basically the grandfather to modern MMO's...
  13. mavet New Member

ROFL!! Reminds me of this:

14. EverQuesting New Member

Haha, I know what you mean. While I love questing IC, there's a time and place for everything. I think raids are more of a "challenge mode" and not directly connected to the rest of the game, if that makes any sense. Raids is work, and the exploring and questing is play time. :)

True, but it's still nearly a decade old. It won't last forever. Or maybe it will, but they will eventually have to give us EverQuest 3 too. :)
  15. EverQuesting New Member

Small update. I'm having a blast as a fey illusionist, and the wings aren't nearly as annoying as I feared. Only problem is I was getting annoyed at a person who were stalking me, until I found out it was my own reflection. :oops:

Quick question, though. I'm having a problem figuring out where to go on quests? Any tip?
  16. Snowhaze Active Member