returning player using the 120 boost.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Castles, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Castles Active Member

i just used the level 120 token to upgrade my conjuror from level 100. i received level 110 armor set (not 120?). Adept spells and adornments (level 100 that don't work with given gear).

my ascension level is now 0 and i only have the elementalist conduit spell rank adept. i don't recall what level i made it to in ascension due to i quit a month or so after the KA expansion was released.

i updated some macros and started to level my mount and merc. however i can't find anything online about where accession stands and why i'm level 0 at this time.

i plan to solo level and go from there. my conjuror is from launch and has switch from necro and back a few times. i'm sure i want to raid at some point, i bought 3 month sub and if things work out ill keep going....

i was going to do some of the last expansion to warm up for the up coming expansion, but don't plan to finish it until later, so i haven't complete KA it looks like.

plan B will be to start a new character with the vah shir race and level up from scratch if i can't jump back in with the new expansion.

how important and does ascension even work now?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Adept Active Member

Zone into BOL and there is an equipment crate nearby with gear that you can use.
    if you do the Panda quests (travels of Yun Zi) you will have all your ascensions at level 15, (complete with global notice to all players on server) before you know it - and he gives very good gear, adornments and other goodies for level 120
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Castles Active Member

i can't go there, don't meet the requirements.... i did get a crate and adornments why wouldn't they be as good or better than the ones from BOL?
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

If you are 120 and have purchased either BoL or RoS you just have to do the prelude quest. It's pretty quick and easy, just take the key from the mail to the duality's sanctum.

Panda quests are in Sundered Frontier. Yun Zi is his name on Spire Isle. It will take a bit to catch up on them (You have to do the old ones to get to the new) but they are very easy, just travelling to places and/or picking stuff up.

You can level ascensions manually just by doing quests. They level pretty fast doing current content, but the Panda will give you baubles to take each of them to lvl 15 like Adept said.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  5. Castles Active Member

this is not going to work, thanks for your time. no way I'm going to spend hours trying to find where to get catchup quests.
    i know about the timeline guides and such, i spent hours over the years doing things i need and some for completeness.

i had hoped ascension spells and levels had been given with the 120 boost, otherwise why boost? even trade skills should have been boosted, not a separate token... why isn't my character ready to jump in and play new content after boosting? i know getting master spells and endgame gear and such is part of the adventure, but ascension should be part of the boost along with a tradeskill...

EQ2maps wont download lol.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

Sorry you feel that way. I guess it really is a question of what you mean by jump in and play. You can definitely play. You should be able to do solo content without all the things you are seeking. If your goal is heroics, the boost was never going to be sufficient. Adepts spells don't make the grade for heroics unless your group is carrying you. (Which is fine by the way, I have helped many people gear up for heroics and raids, which involved them simply being in the zone to get loot)

From my perspective you are going to want the Panda gear anyway since the white and cyan runes you get each year are always the best out there. So you will the ascension boost along the way to getting those. It wouldn't bother me if Ascension was included with the boost, but it is a separate system. And Tradeskills are definitely separate. You can choose to level one or the other completely independently, to me it makes sense to separate them. If they wanted to sell a complete bauble leveling both, I could see that as well, but I am not at all surprised that they are separate.

Look at it this way. When RoS releases, nearly all the gear is going to reset, so you'll be on more even ground. There are some adorns you'll still need, but your armor and jewelry will mostly be in decent shape. Use the time between now and then to work on the white/red/blue/cyan adorns you can get to help you out (ie running the panda series).
  7. Castles Active Member

panda it is, thanks.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Argosunited Well-Known Member

9. FracasKrusher Active Member

Best to wait and do character boost from RoS after launch.
    The gear given now is 110, but after launch is supposed to be 120 level
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Castles Active Member

unreal, the boost is 120, given for preorder of THIS expansion and SAYS appropriate gear given. nothing in the notes saying only after launch...
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

There will be a lockbox of free gear at the launch. As far as I know the boost gear and the new free gear are roughly equivalent, and will be replaced rapidly while progressing through the new Sig line. They have been in the past.
  12. FracasKrusher Active Member

Still poopie way to handle it.
    Nobody really knows what the included gear post launch will be, probably not even the developers.
    Probably another mangled cut/paste of stuff in box.
    Such a great selling point/incentive to pre buy. Lol
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Melkior Well-Known Member

I was actually surprised the leveler was available right away. During gear up-level up you can use a 110 boost, run the prequel quests, grab the lock box gear, do the sig line, do the panda series for gear, and be ready for the expansion. Gives people a project for the next several weeks while awaiting the new content. Something for them to note for future years for sure.