Returning player trying to get guild to join me

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by sticx, Aug 11, 2013.

1. sticx New Member

I haven't played EQ2 since Sentinel's Fate, before it went FTP i think. I am thinking about returning, and would like to bring my raid guild with me. But they are hesitant to come along because they think they will have to buy all of the expansions to be competitive.

Is this the case, if so is there a bundle they can buy to get them all at once? If it's not the case, can they just buy the latest one and be ok?
  2. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Unfortunately to raid end game content you will need to buy Chains of Eternity which is currently the latest expansion it will give you all other content. However to use things like the reforger , an NPC that allows you to alter the blue stats on a character's gear to maximize dps, you will also need to get Age of Discovery. It contains no content merely features. Currently there is no bundle for the two, however Sony announced it will at sometime in the future be selling those features a la carte, but no firm date for this has been given. So as it stands right now about $80 dollars per account to be competitive.

There is also a new expansion coming out in the near future, Tears of Veeshan, which if Sony follows past practices will include CoE. Again IF they follow past practices, no confirmation yet that this will be the case, but you may want to wait the two months to upgrade so you only have to buy one expansion.
  3. sticx New Member

yea... I could convince them to blow 30-40... but no way they will spend more than that. :(
  4. Deago Well-Known Member

I would wait a month or two honestly and buy the new expansion coming that will most likely have CoE with it etc.. (I do not know this for fact but it seems to be the pattern.)
  5. sticx New Member

Yea... unless AoD comes with it also. My guild mates would all have to purchase AoD also. Dunno if I can swing that. Really wanted to get them into EQ2 :(
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

AoD isn't really necessary for anything critical. You could bring them all in for the just the cost of CoE and just let AoD be for whomever can afford it.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Raid guilds do tend to think the reforging to min/max their blue stats is critical, but when first starting here it probably isn't much of an issue.
  8. Raff Well-Known Member

Established raid guilds, yeah...but these guys will be just starting.
  9. Loch Well-Known Member

They're going to be breaking AoD into individually purchasable pieces here in the near future, so it wouldn't be as big of a purchase for your friends.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

At SoE live they mentioned that the AoD features will be offered a la carte at some point in the future... so you'll be able to buy just the bits or pieces you want if you don't want to spend money on the whole package.