Returning player, trying to find right class.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by BerserkerGaming, Jan 18, 2013.

1. BerserkerGaming New Member

Hey guys, I am a returning player, and I am looking for a class to suit my playstyle.

I prefer the following for my class.

1. Being able to hit buttons alittle more then watch myself auto-attack.

2. Great for soloing and small groups (Maybe a raid once in a blue moon)

3. Not top DPS, but not low dps.

4. Prefer tanking alittle over healing, but either works.

5. Tried zerker, didn't like it.

If you guys could help, would be wonderful! I know this is in the fighter thread, but I don't really know where else to post this. =\

Thanks in advance!
  2. Ivory Member

How high in level did you get your Berserker? I know by the time I was level 30ish, I had more CA than I could use in a single rotation. By the time I was half way through my first ones were already recharged and ready to go. What classes besides the Zerker have you tried? Are you a Silver or Gold member?
  3. BerserkerGaming New Member

My Zerker is 75, and atm im a silver member but im going to upgrade to gold. Maybe i'm just doing it wrong? I don't know, I just didn't seem to enjoy it, but maybe we could change that haha.

And, the other classes: BL, Mystic, Brusier, Brigand

Also: Each one of those is level 20+
  4. Ivory Member

Just to clarify: You do have more than one toolbar right? Or are you trying to fit everything you think you need on one?

I know this sounds like a stupid question but you would be surprised at how many people don't know how to add toolbars.

Since you have stated you would rather tank and you posted this in the fighter boards, I'm not sure there are any other classes that have more attack based CA than a Zerker or Bruiser. Now if your willing to try out a Swashy, then you might find it enjoyable. Its probably the most "tank" like scout but you have stated you didn't like the Brigand which is very similar.

If you really want a lot to do in a fight, try a Bard. You hardly have time to put all your debuffs on the target before its dead, much less hit any attack CA...

Edit: Corrected typo. See below...
  5. BerserkerGaming New Member

Ya, I actually have 3 toolbars haha. And if you could clarify for me, what is CB/CA? its been a long while. And I also read somewhere that bards have a hard time soloing.
  6. Ivory Member

Sorry typo. Both of those should be CA (Combat Arts). CB stands for Crit Bonus.

True Bards take a lot more strategy to solo. Its not really harder, you just have to use your head more. You definitely don't rush into a room and kill everything at once like you do with a Zerker.
  7. BerserkerGaming New Member

Is there any class that has low cooldowns on their CA? I think the thing I hate most is that I have to wait like 30 seconds for most of my abilities to come up. I'm looking for something alittle more fast paced.
  8. Ivory Member

I have only "tried out" most classes and will only give advice on the classes that I had stuck to. Which in my case are the Zerker, Warden, and Necro. I have only just started this Bard, so I am too "new" to give class advice on it yet.

Of the classes that I regularly play, the Zerker is definitely the fastest paced.

Did you go down the Intelligence line in the warrior tree on your Zerker?
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Shadowknight... fun easy to play good at pvp soloing and grouping. Most sk suck so low expectations to meet.
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

Bruiser.

Great tank, decent dps, solos with ease, etc etc.

I love my dorf zerker through, probably more than my bruiser, but bruiser has better survivability even though he has worse gear.
  11. Bolbir Active Member

Sounds like you should try the paladin.
  12. Lord Darrack New Member

Come to the Dark Side!

ShadowKnight all the way mate, played right a half decent group Tank, but an unbelievable Solo machine.

Be safe
    Darrack
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

Nevermind there are proabbly 200-300% more SK's than other tank classes :D

I would say read the class descriptions and just decide which one you like the sound of. That is how I picked my class: Guardian.
  14. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Try a monk! Monks are very fast-paced, with quick-recharging combat arts and lots of innate haste to speed up your auto-attack swings. They are also possibly the most self-sufficient and safe solo class in the game when played and geared effectively. Not to mention being great tanks for any content!
  15. Payton Active Member

right now your only choice to fit your needs is: monk or bruiser.
    because you can solo epic content below your level with a merc easily, you can tank in group, or you can DPS BIGTIME in groups. more than any other class. you get Feign-Death and Group-Feign Death... pretty useful too.