Returning Player! TLP or Live?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Malianna, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Malianna Member

Hi there folks.
    After some RL hiatus (and the boredom that other ga,es have brought me!) Im looking to return back to this game I've spent so much time in.
    I havent been around for the recent xpac, but with a new one coming up and with noticing the TLP still being around, I'm having a tough time choosing a server.
    On live, I played on Antonia Bayle and I'm unsure if I should just struggle through live to catch up or just play on the TLP!
    I'm also looking to play a coercer once I do decide xD
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

You'll be playing catch up either way. It's just a matter of how far and how fast.
    The grind to catch up is actually WORSE on Fallen Gate (the TLE server) due to the way xp (especially quest xp) has been nerfed into the ground.
    You have more to do to catch up on live, but each 'part' will be faster.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you ask around on AB, there are many players willing to help returning players catch up. Find a good guild, that fits your playstyle where there are some members on during your normal playtime. Your playstyle will determine the guild that fits your needs, if you are casual, like to have fun, no drama, maybe run some instances, look for someone from Army of Oobliteration, they are good people. Here is a their site http://www.obliteration.army/

Send me a tell if you choose to return to AB. I will try to help you and put you in touch with the kind of guild you are looking for, if I do not know anybody from that type of guild, I will tell you. I will also try and help you with any other things you may need assistance with in trying to return.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Actually, low-level XP gain has been boosted, they've only slowed down XP gain at high levels. Even so, I had no trouble levelling to 80 on Fallen Gate.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

I started playing it when it first came out.... as a break from the grind that live had become. I found Fallen Gate to be an even worse grind. The questlines would get orange and red while I was doing them, forcing me to go find random mobs (overland or dungeon) and mindlessly grind them for xp to level. I never even got my toon to level 30, because it was so mind-numbing for me.

*small shrug* Some people enjoy going into dungeons and killing mobs over and over and over and over and over... just for xpl. If that's your thing, Fallen Gate will work for you. My tolerance for that is generally from 15-60 min before my brains leak out my ears and my eye cross.
    Rhodris likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I totally soloed to 80 with no grinding, but it's been recent. I grouped once to run Deathfist Citadel for the HQ steps in there.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  7. Soara2 Well-Known Member