Returning Player - TLE and Boxing Questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Vaenivo, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Vaenivo New Member

Hey guys, after over a decade of not playing, I recently started on the EQ1 Coirnav TLP server and have been thoroughly enjoying the experience. Which prompted me to think about EQ2! Although I'm waiting for them to fix the launcher so I can fully download the game, I decided to scour the forums in an attempt to familiarize myself with the game and learn what might have changed ... oh it seems a lot has changed.

I seriously desire the TLE experience, but I'm worried of being too far behind. I'm assuming there are raiding guilds and other groups pushing the content, but what about "late-starters" such as myself. Are there options for the earlier expansions and progression into the current TLE threshold? Any specific recommendations? I'm an experienced MMO player, used to be hardcore in both EQ1/EQ2 and many others as well, but could easily fit into any guild as a productive and helpful member.

My other question, since it seems the classes have developed a bit since I last played, is regarding a 3-box chemistry that will have the longevity to work throughout the TLE expansion unlocks. Clearly a normal composition would include Tank : Healer : DPS. I'm not opposed to that "holy trinity" approach, but, more importantly, I was wondering what are strong 3-box options regardless of whether they fit into the trinity. Obviously all classes bring multiple tools/skill sets to the table and CAN solo, but clearly there are compositions that do better at single targets, AE/Encounters, etc. I'm looking for a strong 3-box that can seemingly handle anything. As mentioned above, I'm an experienced player who, with the power of 3 characters, should be able to handle all group content.

Some initial ideas were:
    • SK : Fury : Troub
    • Zerker : Warden : Warlock
    • Swashy : Mystic : Dirge
    Long post, I know. There's even more I'd like to know, but this would be a great starting point for my return :D
    Thanks!
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

There is no "behind" on a TLE server. You will have lots of time to reach max level. Max level is only 80, so just keep questing and killing and you will get there! I suggest either a SK or Berzerker for your tank as they can aoe for agro for lots of mobs on them. Beyond that cant really suggest much as I don't box at all. Good luck, sir!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Khieran Active Member

Since they fixed the experience curve, you'll level pretty quickly doing dungeons with your box group, so you'll catch up pretty quick.

I'd probably try SK - Warden - Warlock. SK is a great tank as Meneltel said and combined with a Warlock, you get lots of AE action.

I currently run an SK-Warden combo and they work very well together. If I had 3 accounts, a Warlock would fit in there quite nicely.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Vaenivo New Member

Thanks for the recommendations!

Do you prefer the Warden over a Fury in that combo? I'm sure the SK and Warlock would provide ample DPS, but would a Fury provide extra DPS boost with similar utility? I've been reading that the most meaningful difference, when considering between the two druids, is whether you want melee dps/heals (Warden) or ranged heals/dps (Fury). I would imagine that since my Warlock will be casting at range that my healer would also want to. Obviously a Warden could wade into the foray with my SK, but then we're managing two melee positions which isn't difficult but tiresome after a while.

Any other non-traditional 3-box chemistry I should consider? Still waiting for the launcher fix.
  5. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Absolutely a Fury over the Warden in that composition. No doubt! Fae Fire is strong as hell. SK-Fury-Wizard would be my pick. Because with upcoming SF expansion wizards get Fiery Blast and will rule the world! :p

PS: There is a progression guild on FG if ur interested in that
    Rosyposy and Rhodris like this.
  6. Sorann New Member

I would sugest SK, Wiz and fury.

XP is perfect right now with bonus xp on next few weekends

Hit me up online if you have any questions or need help