returning player thinking of quitting again

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by SushiFruit, Mar 21, 2024.

1. SushiFruit Member

i ask myself what am i playing for? most content is gated behind raids and heroics but you cant find a group or even a guild that can get people on to even play to do a raid on live servers so there nothing to do but hunt shinies in old content. im leveling familiars and mounts and mercs for stats to do content ill never see because its gated behind a old model of a massive player base that's not there , Its 2024 guys not 2004 .everyone is to bored to log onto raid or group i bought boz premium and i cant even do the content in boz because its gated behind groups and there no groups ... at this point i want my money back. i see the numbers in /who all and i see the game is just pretending and acting like theirs large numbers that are just not there. i get it if its just milking the whales of a few die hards. fine whatever. but for the rest of us just make it like pqs where everyone can do it regardless of guild and level .Its just depressing at this point to log on and see i have been scammed
    Sedient likes this.
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

Hi, I don't agree with this 'pay me back' part.
    There's no one there, either, it's not their fault (well a little given the non-existent advertising) .
    But in no way can this have any weight for a refund. Do not dream ;)
    The game is what it is, aging. An license maintained and not exploited.
    Only still present because the massive ptw is still profitable for the moment
    MikeBob2023 and Schmetterling like this.
  3. Frada Member

There are groups running new content all the time. I play on 2 servers if different guilds, and they are all pretty busy. Over the Hill on Skyfire is great for groups. Lots of members always willing to help others in that Guild. I know Outlaws on Halls of Fate is good people..have some friends there. Lots of times, you have to sign up on the Guild Discord, so make sure to do that. AB has Lordsalem running groups..he was just on this morning looking for new people to run through H1s.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  4. Celestia Well-Known Member

Bloodlust on Maj’Dul is always doing h1s. I know because I am in them everyday almost. We begin at 11am est. At this point you literally HAVE to have a guild or you will not do heroic content, period. It’s sad yes, but its the way the game is now.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  5. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Just find a good active guild, it will change your entire eq2 experience.
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I recognize your name from AB. And as much as I love AB the population there is on the lower side these days.
    My advise would be to make a new toon on one of those servers mentioned and before you invest in it talk to people, feel it out.
    Having toons already on AB, I think you might need to look hard if they have some claimed stuff that's irreplaceable, in which case server transfer would be best. If not then just make a new toon on new server.
    Good luck.
  7. Raeven Well-Known Member

Not sure why I am bothering to post here, since this forum will be closed in four hours, but this is a subject I care about.

I agree with the OP that heroic content is "gated", not just behind getting a group, but behind getting a FULL group of 6 with a certain mix of classes.

And for those who will say "But it's a MMO!", there is NOTHING in the definition of Massively Multi-Player game that says you HAVE to play in groups.

I recall a few years ago a group of three mages with three mercs could run a heroic instance. Then they "gated" it behind HAVING to have a tank to cast Bulwark, or the whole group wipes. And some bosses cast curses, which mercs can not heal, so you HAVE to have a priest.

And people will say "But it's an RPG! You are supposed to have ALL the class archetypes in a group!"

As the OP stated, it is 2024, not 2004. We are not living in a Dragonlance world anymore.

It would make the game much more fun for the dwindling player base if there were options between solos and heroic dungeons where you HAVE to have 6 players of specific classes.