Returning player questions about Chrono mentoring

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Malchore, Apr 30, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Malchore Guest

Hi everyone. I've been away for nearly 5 years. I left the game shortly after Return of Kunark was released. That's the last expansion I bought.
    First off, there are a TON of changes since my 5 years away. The most frustrating of the changes was the reworking of abilities. I have a 77/(137AA) Ranger which had a lot of equiment with STRENGTH on it. Now that scouts use AGI/STA for everything, my equipment (most of it anyways) is garbage. Not that I had good equipment to start. I am, for all intents, naked with no eqipment. Thanks goodness I kept my ole' Raincaller Bow - I'm not without a bow. (Annoying I had to buy equipment unlocker to equip it though...)
    Now for my question. I changed citizenship to New Halas. There's a bunch of quests in New Halas I'd like to complete to work up my AAs and gain New Halas faction (if there is such a thing.) I know the Chrono mentor is a new feature. So I Chrono mentored my Ranger down to Level 10, and started the various quest series in New Halas. So far, all the quests are grey to me. Makes sense if I were level 77 but my effective level is 10. What is going on? Is there a guide that explains the details of the Chrono mentoring system I can read? I earn Adventure exp for completing the quests, but no AA exp, because the quests are grey. How the heck do I make the quests a color other than grey?
    Finally, Anyone have recomendations on a decent set of equipment I can buy off the SC marketplace? Being a F2P Silver account has serious limitations on buying/selling things at the broker, plus a very sever limitation on Coin that I can carry and the level of CAs I can scribe.
    Thanks for your input.
  2. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Malchore wrote:
    There currently, and hopefully never will be, ANY gear purchasable on the Marketplace for SC (RL Money). Gear wise, a decent set of PLAYER made crafted armor or Master Crafted armor will do just fine. F2P restrictions on Lego and above quality gear allow the player to buy "unlockers" if they so choose.
  3. ARCHIVED-Malchore Guest

Oh geez. I've been away for too long. the quests I was taking were below level 10. I forgot quests don't start to reward AA until they're at least level 10.
  4. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

With the 20pp you said you had on the rangers section, you should be able to gear up fully with treasured gear. They should only be 15-50gp each.
  5. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

The kylong plains, jarsath wastes and kunzar jungle solo timelines will also gear you up and you can probably do them in your current gear and so save your plat. Good AA too.
  6. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

For gear, you could probably get a crafter to make you handcrafted for fuel costs. Not awesome but better than being naked. Otherwise just use the gear you have and replace it with things you get from quests.
    About the low level quests, it's not a 10 lvl spread for green until about level 31 or so. It's like a 9 level spread at 29-30 and shortens more as you go into the lower levels. So if you are doing level 1-4 or so quests at level 10 they are going to be grey. Might even be as high as level 6 that is grey at 10.
  7. ARCHIVED-Malchore Guest

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have an alt character that is an armorer, so I can harvest the rares and make myself mastercrafted chain, filling the gaps of what armor I'm missing. I'll have to search the broker for jewlery to fill in.
    I lost a lot of basic game knowledge in the last 5 years. I'm only just now getting the hang if it again.
  8. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Malchore wrote:
    If you do your own harvesting to get rares, it's pretty easy to find a player-crafter who will make mastercrafted armor for you at reasonable prices. Remember, ALWAYS tip your crafter, you may want them to work for you again in the future!
    Also, for any new new people following this thread, you can sell the raw harvests, any rare harvests you don't need, and all the shinies you don't need on the broker and make some decent money.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tollymore Guest

Malchore wrote:
    If you're on Antonia Bayle, look for Tollymore, and I'll see what I can do about getting you regeared. In any case, if you're returning, join the Crafting channel, explain you're returning and ask whats happened to crafted gear lately.