Returning player - questions about agnostic dungeons.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tinkerbe, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Tinkerbe Active Member

I've had a VERY light amount of playing over the past 10 year but this time I decided to really come back. I two box on two computers and have done that since the beginning of EQ1. Started a couple of new characters to play through the game but kept seeing agnostic dungeons recommended as an alternative method of leveling. Thought this might be a nice way to level my 56 Pally. Tried a few dungeons but something seems not to go my way in each one.

Example: Cavern of the Afflicted: First time I enter I get the quest Cure the Affliction. I grab the torch on the wall and attune it but it will not equip. The description says "required equip". EQ maps shows locations for updating quests like Gathering of the Fallen, but I have not found a place to get those quests. Most of all, I can never get the Undead Jester to spawn. I've killed all of the other named mobs on the quest.

Are agnostic dungeons still relevant? I've searched for guides but with no luck. One YouTube video recommended Maldura: District of Ash and Stygian Threshold but upon entering those I have no map for those zones and no clue of the best way to proceed. Can anyone point me towards a guid, or suggest other agnostic zones that I should try?
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

Hi,

For the jester, I understood that if you are too close to him while killing the zombies, he disappears (experience lived on Varsonn Tle), I don't know if this applies to your server
    Tinkerbe likes this.
  3. Tinkerbe Active Member

I learned something unexpected about Agnostic Dungeons today. I ran my high level Necromancer to Qeynos so she could join with my lower level rogue for agnostics. We did the first one and upon exit the rogue went to Qeynos but the necro exited to Freeport. At first I was upset but then decided to give it a try. I selected a dungeon with my rogue, then selected the same dungeon with my necro. When she popped into the dungeon she was standing next to and grouped with my rogue.
    Siren likes this.
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

5. Zornar Member

You might want to try the Crypt of Agony agnostic dungeon. It is very straightforward with 8 bosses, so lots of reward chests.
    The experience is very good and nice gear drops when killing the bosses. Spell upgrades just for your class also drop.
    DreadRoberts and Dude like this.
  6. Cyna New Member

Use Maldura District of Ash The bosses drop well and so do the trash mobs
  7. Tinkerbe Active Member

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm rolling pretty good now.

This is exactly what I needed to know to do this dungeon.

Nice write up, still useful. Thanks.

That was a good recommendation. A good, straightforward choice for a first agnostic dungeon.
    Found a level 1 to 125 leveling guide that had a walkthrough of Maldura: Algorithm for Destruction and I was able to pile on some levels. Hope to find more walkthroughs like that.