Returning Player questions about AA's

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Farank, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Farank New Member

I haven't played since 2008 but was reading up about Everquest next and decided I would mess around with it since it went free to play. I have a couple of questions hoping someone can answer them.

So I bought the new expansion and upgraded to a gold account. I did not buy chains of eternity but was told it was included as part of the new expansion. I have been reading that if you purchased the chains of eternity expansion you can get an item that increases your AA to 280 on 2 toons. I didn't get that item with the purchase of the new expansion.

I had 3 guys at level cap when I quit playing. (Level 80). None of them have over 150 AA so it would be nice to be able to purchase that expansion and get those items. Does anyone know if that is still available?

The other questions I have is how hard is it going to be to gear up those characters? Will I need to go back and do epic quest lines or can I get geared fairly easily.

I am also wondering what toon would be easiest to level. I have a ranger, troubador and warden. I figured the troub would be the hardest but with the 10 year vet Mercenary he does pretty good soloing. But I have been told in game that troubadors aren't as good of class as they were 6 years ago.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome home!

For your three charas? Leveling isn't hard, all should do pretty great on the content. This is just me, ymmv, but I would say just level your aa with quests and such. The game has likely changed a fair bit from your memory of it, and grinding out that aa will give you a chance to relearn your characters. :)

Start collecting shinies and selling them on the broker for money. At 80ish the quest gear isn't great, but it's adequate. Look at Mastercrafted gear, shop around and see what you can cobble together. It shouldn't be ugly expensive to improve your gear to a state that's decent.

Are you open to joining a guild? They might help you gear up a bit faster but it won't make of break your play.

Do you have mercs? If you prefer solo play a merc makes it a little easier but again, it won't make or break ya.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

Welcome back!

Leveling isn't hard. I've a high level warden and ranger & both solo most things quite well even if I don't have out my mercenary. I can't speak for high level troubadors though as mine is still a baby.

As for the aa boosts that came with Chains of Eternity, you can't get that anymore (with the expansion purchase). Chains of Eternity is rolled into the newer expansion, Tears of Veeshan and TOV came with different items. You can however purchase aa boosts with SC from the marketplace in game if you still want to. I personally haven't even used the free ones I was given. It really doesn't take a lot of effort to get the to the same point you'd be if you bought the token.

Gearing isn't bad. At level 80 just run with what you have or check to see if mastercrafted is better. When you get over to Velious (you can get quests at 85-86) the quested gear there will blow most other gear you will have seen previously out of the water. Even back when Velious was new I ran through it with my old TSO gear because I never bothered to farm marks in Sentinal's Fate zones for the new gear there. It wasn't too bad then and they've nerfed the mobs since. By the time you get to 90 you can shop for handcrafted and it'll be fine for a bit (90-95 is fairly slow leveling).

In anycase, good luck and if you happen to be on Everfrost, feel free to ask for Finora or look for Prism guild members and ask them if they have seen Finora & I can hook you up with some handcrafted gear at least.