Returning Player Question

Discussion in 'Priests' started by WIdjit, Oct 31, 2013.

1. WIdjit New Member

So, I played when EQ2 first came out as a Guardian and a Defiler. Now that I'm returning I'm looking for a mage / cleric / rogue class that will always be needed / welcomed in groups and possibly raids if I ever get there. I hear soloing isn't really a thing anymore with mercenaries able to be hired.

Of the priests I was looking at trying a defiler again. Though I'm not adverse to the Mystic or possibly even Warden. Of these three, which would you all say is more sought after for groups / possibly raids in the long run? What would you say are some pros and cons for choosing one over the other? Is any one more friendly than the other to a new / returning player to get back up to speed with?

Thanks!
  2. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

The thing is...it can change. All of the healers you mentioned have been FoTM at one point or another. 'For the long run' is so difficult to predict here because one minute you are a great healer and then they 'balance' or some horse pucky, and now you will sit every single raid. So the basic advice is: Play what looks fun to you.

That said, Warden is probably the most forgiving of the 3 healers you have mentioned, for a returning player. You could roll one of the bards (Troubadour or Dirge) and always be wanted in a raid...that hasn't changed for a really long time, and probably will be true for some time to come.