Returning player. Old Account Retrieval.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by TheReturned, Apr 14, 2018.

1. TheReturned New Member

Hi there, two questions!

1. I've not played EQ2 since AoD but have recently decided to start playing again as have a bit more free time. I used a yahoo email for many years, and my eq2 accounts were linked to that. I then switched to a new email for my business and stopped using yahoo mail. When I decided to come back I couldn't remember any log in details for EQ2 and DBG didn't run EQ2 when I left either. My old yahoo email is broken and I can't log into it. Yahoo doesn't seem to have any kind of effective CS and I can't retrieve my emails or the reset email that DBG might have sent me when I tried to retrieve my account information.

2. I've now have a new computer built, and didn't have EQ2 installed on it, I created a free account to access these forums, and to test the water to see if I really wanted to return, and when I downloaded it it seems I have a streaming client. Where I live we only have around 2 meg broadband, so I would much prefer to download the whole game at once, and not have to deal with the loading times on zoning, as they are crazy long with my broadband.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

1. /petition in game, have customer service try to help you recover your old account.
    2. Click the tools icon on the launcher (bottom left), you will see an option to download the full client.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Copied from another thread on another way to download the full game if that doesn't work:

"click on Home at the top of this page and from the new page, mouse over "Game Info" and from the drop down box select "Download Game" from the list - its the last option. This will download the full game. Once complete run Launchpad and verify your install. "
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

No it doesn't. Downloads and installs the launcher (and DirectX 9), which the default setting is Stream Client. Still need to go in and change it to full download.
  5. TheReturned New Member

Ah got it thank you, full download under way.

Now just hoping I can retrieve my old account/s!

Thank you for the help.
    Rosyposy likes this.