Returning player, not sure where to go next

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Falcan, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Falcan New Member

HI all, I have been an EQ player since 1999, and moved to EQ2 back in 2004 when it launched, and kept playing on/off until couple of years back (my highest level character is level 73)

I came back with the Hero event and got excited with the prospect of exploring the new content.

after i created my test level 85 character, i finished all the quests in the zone where those level 85 characters start, but i don't know where to go from there

i don't have any quest that leads me to the next zone, i tried going to thurg but all the quests there are 90+, so i am not sure where to go at level 85 to experience content my level

i would really appreciate if someone who help me understand what zones should i hit and how to get there?

thank you in advance
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

i'm assuming you are at icy fingers in GD you can take a griffon ride to get over to the other half of GD there should be a few quests around there to get you some more levels. then whne you are finished there if you fly off the south west cliff and head south you'll zone into eastern wastes for more questing.
  3. Lacksmelanin Member

In my opinion the quests in great divide aren't all that great. I have much more fun doing the quests starting in sundered frontier and then stonebrunt highlands. (the sentinels fate expansion) You won't get any gear upgrades from what they gave you for a heroic character because that stuff is as good as the SF raid gear. But IMO it is funner and will get you up to 90 faster doing that questline and then you can go to withered lands.
  4. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Here is a soloing timeline:
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Soloing_Timeline

To further in gear progression you would want to finish the zone you're in and then as noted above, move onto eastern wastes, then withering lands, the etheremere, then cobalt scar.
    Be sure and open your journal and check the storylines tab of it. It might give you some ideas of where to go :)
  5. Thalador Active Member

You want to do Epic Repricutions to get your myth power.