Returning Player Needs A Bit Of Help.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Vaken, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Vaken New Member

Hey Guys ive decided to come back to the eq2 community, i was a long time player, had played the game since release and loved the game as i got older i kinda grew out of it and tried newer/different games but again here i am, anyway to the point im a player that lives in the uk after a while of searching around i have found out how to play on a us server, now my question is what are the more populated us servers me and my girlfriend would both like to start playing again but we have just stopped playing wow, we would like a player base that we would like to both be able to find groups and generally not be running around the map by ourselves. Is this even achievable with the player base slowly declining. And a second question my girlfriend wants to play a mage, she played a frost mage in wow what is the closest comparable class to that, and i want to play a necromancer would we be ok to instance just the 2 of us like that?
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

(Note: The quoted post has been re-worded by me for clarity - and my own sanity. :p @Vaken: If any of my re-wording is not the message that you meant to convey, please do not hesitate to inform me.)

Generally speaking, Freeport and Antonia Bayle servers tend to have the highest population, but this may not be true for the time when you play. Your best bet is to go through the character creation process during the time when you would normally be playing until you get to the server selection screen. Once you reach that screen, you can see which servers are most active at that point in time. You may, or may not (depending upon how lucky you feel) want to do this on more than one day to determine whether the activity you noted on one day is consistent with the activity on a following day. (That is entirely up to you, though. Checking on more than one day helps rule out possible flukes - although it doesn't completely remove the possibility, it just lessens the likelihood somewhat.)

The following are links for the wikia pages for each of the Mage classes (including Necromancer) in EQ2:
    Sorcerer
    Enchanter
    Summoner

As for whether or not a given instance is survivable, that mostly depends upon difficulty of the instance, the skill of the player, and the quality of the equipped gear.
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I think Necro and one of the Mages would be a fine duo. Necro kind of comes with it's own group. Add a merc, maybe, if needed for tougher stuff if you couldn't find a group (of real people)

WoW Frost Mages and any one of our sorcerer types (Warlock or Wizard) are not comparable, so just be ready for that. WoW characters' abilities make far more sense than any of ours. Nevertheless, we love them all the same.