Returning player a little overwhelmed with adornments

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by SynnikuL, Dec 26, 2019.

1. SynnikuL Active Member

Hi everyone,
    Haven't played the past 2 expansions. But I just got BoL, did the the intro quest and picked up the free set of lvl 110 gear from the Blinding zone.

My previous gear had a mixture of Proving Grounds white adornments, then some orange/white set bonus adorns from the summer panda merchant (I think) like Aspect of Tol'ren, Aspect of Pingyuan Diqu, etc.

Do I need to keep any of these previous adorns, especially the Proving Grounds ones? Or are all the adorns on the free 110 gear already better?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Supposedly orange adorns don't work in BoL (but ACT keeps telling me Celestial Gate is proccing, so...)

Go catch up on the Panda Quests and get the Daring adorns, the white and cyan ones. Update with those. If you have Celestial white adorns on your old armor, keep those and apply them to the Tishan's Lockbox gear.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Caela Well-Known Member

Are the best white adorns the Panda Daring ones? Are there some I can make - I think I have an empty spot or two (probably from not applying them to just the right places)

I also have some Primordial adorns - are those worthless? Or should I put them on my baby (lvl 35) that I'm leveling up slowly?

Where do I get red adorns? And blue adorns? I got one blue adorn from a lockbox - but still have an empty blue spot.
    I have zero red adorns, and I've only run one solo instance (we are moving slow - I had major surgery recently) and none dropped.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Oh, no. There are new adorns in Blood of Luclin. You can get white adorns that are better than the Celestial ones but not as good as the BoL adorns in Fabled Kael Drakkel in the Hypogeum, assuming you can get over there. But the Panda's Daring adorns are the best of their set that I have seen thus far.

Sure, you can apply any adorn that is less than or equal to the level of your gear. I have recipes for Celestial adorns. You can also "buy" the Tishan's Lockbox gear for 0 copper, then remove the adornments from those pieces. Destroy the stripped gear and orange adorns, and then see what adorns came from where, and maybe use a different adorn configuration than the box gives you by default. I like to use as many Increased Criticals as I can, then Potency, then Magical Skill, then Health, YMMV.

I honestly don't know if the primordials ever did anything. They don't work above level 95 or so I believe. If you've leveled adorning, you should be able to make your young alts any adorns you want.

If you did the summer Ethereal heroics and have at least 65 coins and a wad of status, you can purchase one red adorn from the Ethereal Merchant in Myrist.

There are all new red adorns available in BoL. Some drop as rewards, some can be crafted.

You got blue adorns from killing all the Heroic names in CD; and another for doing all the regular T1 raid names (I think on that one, I may be off on the exact kills).
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

Also...ask in chat if any one has a toon parked at the new Kael vendor. A lot of us keep one there. There are some nice white Potency adorns available in there.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  6. SynnikuL Active Member

Ok thanks for the info. So I can definitely get rid of the adorns from the Proving Grounds - like "Proven adornment of increased criticals" and such?

Also, you said no orange adorns work in BoL? The gear I got from Tishan's Lockbox had orange adorns in it so that is strange.
  7. Raff Well-Known Member

None of the quest or MC gear have any orange adornment slots. At least, as far as I can tell.
    SynnikuL likes this.
  8. Cravaro Active Member

Orange adornments DO work in BoL. You just have to think outside the box. Until I get the red rune waist item drops, I use three CD belts. Each has the orange rune, one for anti-stun, anti-stifle, and anti-fear. I just put on the appropriate CD belt if I fight a fear/stun/or stifle boss. Yes I may lose a few numbers in stats but it is worth it to not be under a detriment. I will get rid of each belt as I get the appropriate red rune drop. Good luck! :D
  9. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Interesting they work for you, they didn't for me. Once I got the Red rune version for Fear etc, it worked.
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

None of mine worked in BoL. Have already deleted them and moving forward.
    SynnikuL likes this.