Returning Dirge

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-greenmantle, Jun 20, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-greenmantle Guest

Been a year tried other MMo's but my friends are coming back to eq so resubing.
    Big question is what are the current Dirge must haves, would hate to get half way through an instance only to find the group is horrified i dont have Domino's kebab of distraction and Rothgar's pen of nerf for the boss fight.
    So to avoid the OMG's and newb followed by boot from group a few suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. ARCHIVED-Accipiter Guest

Same story here.

Currently have a 78 Dirge and noticed all AA's reset and some new stuf/changes in there.
    Any suggestions?

Also, do I need the expansion at L78 or wait until 80?
  3. ARCHIVED-billchivers Guest

Check out eq2flames for more recent AA builds, there were significant changes at the launch of SF.
  4. ARCHIVED-greenmantle Guest

Odysia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Checking eq flames for info is like trying to get clues on puppy training from six rabid starved pitbulls.
    AA build im fine but there are vauge references to str int being out and agi the new seasons look.
    The other interest is after each expansion there usually will be an OHHH thats nice item from a fairly easy quest , doing the cloud quest atm mainly because i always wanted one, no idea of the stats.
    Sort of want to get the every bard must do this things out of the way so when my friends get back im free to help them.
  5. ARCHIVED-billchivers Guest

Difficult to give much guidance with out knowing a bit more about you.
    Are you generally soloing, pugging, or do you have a decent guild and regular groups ? (i.e. are instance runs a possibility or are you a die hard soloer). Are you set up for efficient harvesting (i.e. do you craft, and done the crafting quest line, for various goodies that help you gather?). Are you plat rich?
    At 78 you aren't really very far from 90 but if you go to SF now you will run out of solo content... but thats ok, chrono and go back and do old stuff.
    How you collected any shards or shard gear yet? I wouldn't waste much time on shard gear, but ther are a few cheap pieces that give reasonable bang for buck (e.g. the t1 scout gloves).
    I wpould suggest levelling a bit more asap, get up to SF and either find some ulteran diamonds or buy them, depending on how cash rich you are and your overall harvesting skills. That way you can get a couple of T9 experts made so that you can start your research assistant doing your end game Masters instead of wasting time on one that wil be superceded. You might want to get an AA mirror and make a solo harvesting build (bountiful harvest and run speed / mount speed etc)
    If you run the solo questlines in SF you will get some faction with the various merchants there and be able to upgrade some of your gear that way. For example there is a reasonable scout earring (Kerran ring of agility or something like that). There are a couple of not to bad colelction rewards in SF that are fairly easy to get, right now with it being the 'current' tier a lot of the collectables aren't too expensive, you could probably even just buy them. There are also some legendary tradeable pieces that are really pretty reasonable.
    So if it were me, I'd get my backside up to SF, run the solo lines and harvest everything, use the relevant rares to have experts made and sell the rest, keep an eye on the broker for legendary gear. Before long you'll be mid 80's with some cash in hand and your RA working efficiently. and your gear should be starting to look a bit more effective. You can then go back and finish t8 quests for AA, or chrono to lowever tiers, whilst grabbing any opportunity for instance runs or trips down the hole.
    Hope thats of some use.
  6. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

greenmantle wrote:
    theres about 5 or 6 threads all on the 1st page of the Dirge forum over at flames that have all the info you want in the 1st post. But a quick catch up for how the new mechanics of the game work:

As a scout you just need AGI for DPS/Power. Int does nothing, str lets you carry more, sta is more HP, wis is more resists.

Get and mantain 100% DA and Crit, then look for items with Crit Bonus then Potency.....you wont have to look for it but you will wind up with 1k+ of ability mod, which is good.

Go get your fabled epic at 80 then start on the new epic conversion quest. You will need to learn Draconic which means you will need to know Giant......

Go read the gear sticky on flames for items.

Go read the VC/RO thread on flames.

Go read 'Dirges guide to success...I suppose' on flames.