Return of The Planes of Power

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by CowKiller, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CowKiller Member

Can the dev team make some content for Planes of power for eq2 i know the moons went boom. but that not stopping u from make a portal back in time. say a rift opened up and it letting players return to the Planes of power. Pok was a mega hud for the game more people hanged out in that zone and the bazaar . now people just hang out in gh and its not as social as it once was.

im not saying make a lot of new content maybe just
  2. Gorion Member

As much as I'd love to return to all of the planes again, I don't think we'll ever see PoK again. There's just no need for it in EQ2. In EQ1, travel before PoK, even with the luclin spires, took considerably longer. Having ports to everywhere made getting anywhere that much faster. PoK also had every city amenity you could possibly want.

In this game however, we already can get anywhere in the world nearly instantly. I honestly can't think of a single place in the game, excluding dungeons you have to clear to progress through, that it would take me longer than 5 minutes to get to. Adding PoK would be the same as adding another city. While nice, it would become mostly unused very quickly since we can still just do everything with guild halls.

Plane of Tranquility was little more than a hill with all of the zone ins, so if they ever do an expansion with all of the planes, we'll probably get that as a lobby.

Right now though, it seems more likely that we'll just see more of the Shissar and Luclin finally, which I am perfectly happy with.
  3. Meirril Well-Known Member

The only taste of the Planes of Power you'll probably get are fragments of the planes that broke away from the gods control and retained some of their original power. EQ2 was created due to the withdrawal of the gods influence from Norrath to prevent mortals from reaching their home planes. It would make zero sense for us to gain access to these planes again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.