Return of the Gods, already?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Renita_Serafim, Jun 13, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Renita_Serafim Guest

Commonlands and Nektulos revamp on Test.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Message Edited by Astralmage on 06-13-2006 10:08 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Phylok Guest

oh wow, good picture of the rings
  3. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

Well it HAS been half a millenium, after all.
    A [rose] of Innoruuk? Something about the words, 'rose' and 'Innoruuk' just seem incongruous to me. A [thorn] of Innoruuk perhaps, or a [deathblossom] of Innoruuk.
    Anyway, I welcome it if it is true.
    Message Edited by Mary the Prophetess on 06-13-2006 01:10 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I'm sorry, what does new foliage have to do with the gods again? The evil races live on that side of the world, it only make sense that the local flora and fauna should be appropriately named for thier properties relative to whoever discovered them.

After all, in EQlive there are man-eating plants all over the jungles of Kunark named Erollisi bloodthorns and Erollisi mantraps, but these agressive and malevolent plants are only named after the Goddess of Love because they look pretty and lovely, but are quite dangerous.

/shrug

... sorry. You know how I can get.
  5. ARCHIVED-TheManInTheBox Guest

That rose sure does look like a mushroom...
    Maybe they call it the rose of Innoruuk because of that... Its not really a rose. :smileyindifferent:

I have to agree though. I look at it with them just giving the plants more appropriate names.

But what about those sparks of growth popping up around an old druid ring? That does seem to herald something. Specifically could the druid rings be regaining their abilities slowly? Of course that is just speculation, and seeing as they are an epic x4 mob they could just be for some new quest.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nocturnal Abyss Guest

Although it doesn't really look like it, the druid rings in that picture are the ones in the Commonlands. It looks like the rain that the Overlord has brought to his land is finally taking effect. There have been some new and some old creatures in the Commonlands, as well. Some sattar-looking creatures have showed up in the Commonlands, as well as some very large fire beetles. Seems like the Bloodskull clans have been beaten back a bit, but the Ree orcs have come out of the Wailing Caves. The Thexians have also expanded out from Fallen Gate and into the Yapping Maze. As you can see, Nektulos has also been changing. It's not as safe to travel in as it once was.

(these changes are currently only on the test servers, I believe, but should be going live fairly soon)
  7. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

Funny you should mention beetles. The other day I noticed there were Klikniks out by Archer's Woods in Antonica, where there had never been any before.
    Hmmm, bug infestation? Egad!
    "Bugs Mr. Rico, zillions of 'em!"
  8. ARCHIVED-BrizaOrin Guest

I think the druid ring is definately a hint of gods influence returning or at least of something affecting that ring, from what was once a barren savanna around the ring has changed to a lush green oasis with trees and water about. Not to mention the sparks buzzing around as well. The screenie itself doesn't show it too well since its bit of a dark one & small area of view, but once you walk the changed Commonlands it sure is very much different than it was.
    Message Edited by BrizaOrin on 06-14-2006 02:42 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Nocturnal Abyss Guest

You seem to forget (even though I mentioned it in passing on my previous post), this all should be happening, and it is not just on the druid plains, but there are more trees in the Commonlands in general. Not because of anything the gods did, however. There was an event not that long ago where the Overlord himself, Lucan D'Lere, came out, and gave a big speech to the masses of Freeport, commenting on how the gods weren't much of gods, and as a sort of nail in the coffin, he signaled a dark elf behind him who sent magic up into the air, causing it to rain. It's been raining fairly regularly in the Commonlands and in Freeport ever since. This would cause the greenery that should be going live tomorrow. Take a look around the Commonlands, you'll notice that everything has been getting more water, not just the Druid Plain :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yet Ironically the game first started where it couldn't even rain in Antonica or Qeynos simply because of a technical error, but it rained like heck in Freeport from the very beginning.
  11. ARCHIVED-Moorgard Guest

No doubt the Overlord would indeed take credit for anything beneficial that takes place in the Commonlands, though all the while paying careful attention to any forces that manifest themselves so close to the seat of his kingdom.
  12. ARCHIVED-TheGReddy Guest

A new Live Event maybe before EoF comes out. Some thing that could include the druid rings. Maybe another named at the end of the live event like in the rebuilding of the spires and the dragon. There could be more plants coming out with more LUs that could be used for the belief system. Since it is a plant of a god u may need to get enough of those plants for a belief quest. Just tossing around a few ideas.:smileywink:
  13. ARCHIVED-IrishWonder Guest

Back when this bit of lore was posted, where Lucan came out and took credit for "making it rain" and "benefitting his Kingdom," something struck me as odd. It seemed as if there was a different force behind this rain, something godlike, and as if Lucan knew this... and he was only showing up on the scene to take credit since the actual force behind the rain wasn't going to show himself/herself/itself.
    I didn't really know why I got this assumption... I figured it was just the part of me that wanted (and knew) that the gods would make a return eventually in the EQ2 universe. Now it seems that my assumption might be true :smileyhappy:
  14. ARCHIVED-Jaale Guest

Has anyone on the test servers checked the druid ring in Zek to see if that has changed as well? (being the only other druid ring that i can think of right now.)

Just a quick question does anyone (i'm sure that someone does) know what the symbols that are lighting up on the rings mean/stand for?

Also will the Ant ring be the ones in the shattered vale?

I like it when things happen to update current zones and it will be interesting to see if the rain goes to far and starts to flood ;)
    Message Edited by Jaale on 06-14-2006 02:40 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Nocturnal Abyss Guest

Yes, the Antonica druid rings are in the Shattered Vale, there is also a druid ring far north in Nektulos, not far from the Keeper, as well as one in the middle of the southern border of the Feerrott. I haven't checked the others, but, I believe, you should be able to check them yourself when the servers come up.
  16. ARCHIVED-Phylok Guest

So we have druid rings in Nektulos, Commonlands, Antonica, Ferriot, and Zek. We'll have to check all of them to see if they are active again.
  17. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Actually we only have druid rings in Nektulos, Commonlands, Feerrot, and Zek.
    the druid rings found in the INSTANCED zones of the shattered vale arn't likely to become official rings.
  18. ARCHIVED-DrTEE Guest

Let's see..... In Faydark there were 3 druid rings. One that never worked right at the woodelf tree city. :smileywink:
    There could be several possibilites for what happened to druid rings. The working ring that was in North Karana seems to have been destroyed as there is no evidence of it in Thundersteps, but the ruins of the wizard spires were there (i think). Still the Gods are mysterious. :D

DrTEE
    Message Edited by DrTEE on 06-14-2006 12:50 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-Zaino Shadowave Guest

I wonder how Lucan will control all of those Freeporters when they have actual gods in Norrath again.
    I have a hard time believing that the Dark Elves (for example) would follow a human if Innoruuk was to return.
  20. ARCHIVED-Jait Guest

That's the question Zaino. I imagine they'll be bringing back some of the old cities as well, certainly enough rumors to support it. Personally, I think there will be penalties for those choosing to return to Neriak. Brokers being the obvious one, but on top of that: Limited resources, crafting, higher buy/sell prices.

Because frankly I imagine there will be very few true Tier'Dal that would remain loyal to Lucan. Then again Inny probably doesn't care as long as they're consumed with Hate :p

Interesting times ahead.