Restricted Servers???

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tynon, May 1, 2014.

1. Tynon New Member

Hello EQ2 Fans! I have a question and my question is that what if EverQuest2 had restricted servers, like a servered locked at level 50 for shattered lands content ect? Does anyone else want to support this idea? Max level 50, tradeskill 50 and blah blah so on whenever it was back then? When EverQuest2 was exciting and it didnt take less than a day to max out. Lets take weeks to getting to 50 ect for these servers.

Lets support this idea, lets hope that the Dev team can make it possible and see how many veteran players would actually come back just for this idea.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

This came up during the AMAA on reddit, which is recapped on zam.

Q: "During the last few years of EQ2 you've been implementing new mechanics while removing the old ones. You revamped the stats system, changed the game flow. We've really enjoyd the "old" stuff tho. I know that you've said before that it's nearly impossible to introduce progression/legacy servers for EQ2. But maybe there is a way to do something interesting like that? Like an event where players could try old mechanics and stuff? Or all of it will remain just dreams?"
    A: "This idea comes up in our team meetings every few months as far as launching a special rules server. I'll be honest. We don't have an original version of the game we can release given all the updates over 10 years, so that's never going to happen. That said, a special rules server of some kind could happen, but we want to focus on the servers we have right now as far as fixing matchmaker, building new content, etc. New servers are a LOT of work."

Personally, I don't think it's worth it to ever do another special rules server. The novelty tends to wear off quickly and everyone just goes back to what they were doing before.
  3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

As a note, at least on AB I see level/content lock guilds advertising all the time. I think joining one of those is a best bet for those wishing to lock into certain level and expansion ranges.
    Deveryn likes this.
  4. VeilShard Active Member

How would they unlock the expansions? timed or based on raids? I feel like either way there are problems, if its based on raids you can guarantee it will be unlocked within days and people who want to take their time may as well just do it on a regular server since they won't keep up.. timed release will be great for people who take it slow but what about the quick levelers they will just be waiting around and end up going back to their old servers..
    Granted it would be nice to see people leveling in the old zones again so that's a bonus but it seems like a LOT of work and would it pay off? I wonder if there would be enough desire for it to make it a popular server and not end up a dead zone
  5. Morfydd Active Member

For EQ1 progression servers, the server population votes on whether to unlock the next expansion.