Rest in peace.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ayudame, May 26, 2020.

1. Ayudame Member

Thank you for the past 10+ years of memories.

Dave Gilbertson was an original creator and designer for Everquest, which changed many lives. David's flame was extinguished far too soon. For anyone who knew Dave his quirky sense of humor was second only to his unforgettable mustache. Dave enjoyed working hard and playing hard. Everyone Dave came in contact with enjoyed working or socializing with him. Dave had an easy demeanor and made you feel comfortable around him. His sudden passing due to Corona Virus has left an emotional void. His wife and daughter can use some community support right now.

Go fund me: https://www.gofundme.com/f/david-gilbertson-memorial-fund
    AOE1 and Breanna like this.
  2. Spindle Well-Known Member

Too many are taken from us too soon. My heart goes out to his widow and daughter. Will be checking out the gofundme
    parissa, AOE1 and Ayudame like this.
  3. Ayudame Member

I will also be checking out the gofundme tomorrow.
  4. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear this and my condolences to his family. I know I am one of many who enjoyed the work he and the other devs put out for so many years in Everquest. It showed that it was a labor of love and we grew to love the game as well.

Thank you for posting this.
    parissa and Breanna like this.
  5. iceverything Master of Respawning

WOW thats two we have lost now from EQ. Great minds laid to rest. Thank you for 20 yrs of fun and friends and memories. I could not have done it w/o you!
    /salute
    /bow
    /moment of silence
    Breanna likes this.
  6. parissa Well-Known Member

That is so sad... EQ was my first mmo... I loved it so much.. I remember when it was so big they had to hold 3 fanfaires... West Mid and East... I went to the one in seattle, it was so amazing to meet all the devs designers artists and all... He will be missed... My condolences to his family...
    Breanna likes this.