Rest in Peace Aradune

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Barbarosa_Rex Member

Good Journeys Aradune
    Kittik, Xillean, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  2. Bchizzle Active Member

Wow. He was a great dude to talk to. Impacted all of us. Too young. This sucks. RIP
    Kittik, Xillean, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  3. LainSzvahl New Member

Unbelievable honestly, worked with him for a while back in the 97-04 when i was alpha/beta testing and eventually became one of the guides for Zebuxoruk server. While many things didnt go as planed he was still a great guy and passing away at this young of an age is sad... i'll miss the days we chatted and gamed occasionally.

just wow, Rest in peace!
  4. Drona Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace Brad. Thanks for the wonderful worlds you created in which I have the pleasure of getting lost in. I hope you respawn in a better world.
  5. morderir Active Member

my prayer to his family and friends. sad new.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

very sad news :(
  7. Rarkevan Active Member

Strength and courage to his family in the time ahead. What sudden and sad news.
    Thank you for giving us worlds to go be heroes in.
    Rest peacefully.

This is just shocking and so so sad.
  8. Leloes Well-Known Member

I did not know him but I am always saddened when I hear of the passing someone. May his further adventures be as great as those he started here.
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I really think that a memorial should be added into the game. Either an NPC named Aradune found somewhere in the Ethernere, or an actual memorial marker to Brad McQuaid, in a rare example of the dev team breaking the game's immersion to announce that Brad was the creator of the Everquest franchise.

Rest in peace.
  10. Unayan Active Member

May you rest in peace. Thank you for the world I use to escape to everyday.
  11. Lakota New Member

Rest in Ever Peace Brad! You gave me my world, there isn't enough words to say how grateful I am. <3
  12. Kittik Well-Known Member

So very sad to hear of his passing.

May he rest in peace.
  13. Sheratan Member

Still a mourning, it's very sad :( ...
    How much is it worth a smile, a joy, a friendship? Aradune, I will never thank you enough and you will never be forgotten ...
    Safe journey, great man!
  14. Tasses New Member

RIP Matt McDonald and Aradune/Brad McQuaid, my condolences to the families. Thank you for creating a world where I can escape the daily BS in life and kick back and have fun in it. Thanks to you both I have met a lot of great people that to this day I can keep in contact with some of them. I hope that the devs put some sort of statue in the cities to celebrate what you both have brought to many.
  15. Aeijim New Member

Met him in game when I was in beta for Vanguard and he was so nice and thoughtful. His art has given me so much joy. Rest in Peace, Aradune. Thank you for all you did.
  16. Shrreyna New Member

What a fabulous idea to do(a lil tribute by naming a pet after him) there! I am greatly saddened by his passing but happy he is on a higher place! He made my life here on the beautiful planet earth even more enjoyable with a world to go and escape limitations of the physical world. Over the years I have taken the opportunity to suggest EQ and EQ2 to people with physical limitations or depression etc, where they needed some escape and enjoyment to play in the games. What a wonderful gift to all of us he gave!! We thank you Aradune
  17. Koshie6581 New Member

Your will be missed by all Mr. Brad McQuaid. You gave those who needed a world to escape to a place to go when times got to hard for them. You are and were an inspiration to our young and old alike, to better themselves through your work. Your games have taught a lot of us to work together as a team or just loose ourselves in the arts. I for one will miss you. Rest in Peace Friend.
  18. Orionza Active Member

I don't know who he was and am looking it up now, but I like when games put remembrance items or npcs in game. I also don't know if Cloudrat's passing was mentioned but Cloudrat made all those very useful Cloudrat travel dojos on each server. I would love to see something done for her and for others who have passed. We don't know everyone, but perhaps a special place we can go and give a rose,or light a candle to our friend gamers who have passed, even if it was just us who knew them. That would be very special. Perhaps a small shrine in each city where we could actually light a candle in remembrance.
  19. Herne Active Member

Thanks for letting us into your world Brad, your spirit soars high above us all.
  20. Saints Member

Such a shock,no words.

Rest in peace, Aradune