Respawn Rushing

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-SweetheartRose, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-SweetheartRose Guest

[p]Now I know why you can not gain fame/faction/status from someone right away again no matter if they attack you, but this is giving them a free ticket to come back over and over again for 30 minutes.[/p][p] and their punishment is what? 0.5% exp debt. even at lower levels this isn't much of a deterrent but at level 70 it means nothing.[/p][p] A level 70 you have killed will come back over and over again because they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.[/p][p] [/p][p]Something needs to be done about this , exactly what I'm not sure, but I'm hoping this thread will get some good ideas for the devs to consider.[/p][p] [/p][p]I'll throw my Idea out to start[/p][p] [/p][p]If you initiate the attack against a player/group where you are already on their /recent and are killed again you take a 50% hit on all your gear. This means that after 2 spawn rushes your gear will all be broken and in need of repair.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-holypaladin2819 Guest

[p]at lvl 70 if ypu dont have 100 AA .5 p is a ***** to take care off AA lvklling is very very slow[/p][p] [/p][p]and you do gain another death form it if you die[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-SweetheartRose Guest

[p] I am 70 with 82 AA, and 0.5 debt is nothing ... heck i had 8%+ debt the other night (like 2 or 3 days ago) from a raid ... it's gone and i got 2 AA's since then.[/p][p]Another death is meaningless to most people if they died already and there is a chance at all they can get a pvp token by spawn rushing.[/p][p] [/p][p]The question here isnt if the current system is inadequate, it is! The question is what would fix it.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Aeadiin Guest

Better and easier fix would be to make it so that if you were on someones recent you wouldn't get anything from them.
  5. ARCHIVED-Badaxe Bart Guest

[p]Ok, maybe you need to be more specific. You say they are zerging you after you kill them, but what if its a contested named? God forbid they get killed before they open a chest, of course they will come back then. Are you sitting on or near their revival point? Are you just happening to travel in the same direction? I think there are a lot of variables that can enter into that situation. Maybe they just want to fight, and you are scrimmaging![/p][p]Personally, if they can overcome the initial rez sickness and still want to fight, situationally I need to be aware of where I'm fighting, and move away. [/p][p]Now if we are talking more along the lines of enemy vs. enemy, I think that like the evac points in SS, the two should be far apart for example, in KoS, there are three spires. Each could be a designated revive point for each faction. Of course, if you happen to be fighting near the enemies revival point, you better be prepared for those exact same tactics. Either that or lets bring back the shards!!:D[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-SweetheartRose Guest

[p] Thats a good idea , however people who just want to kill you because you killed them can still grief you by constantly rushing you making it so if you're trying to work on a quest or something you cant because every minute they return. Rez sickness is useless as it's running out right about the time they get back to you.[/p][p] There needs to be an increasing risk for them if they wish to continue respawning and attacking, 50% wear on gear would allow them to fight you 3 times before their gear was broken and in need of repair (assuming they were over 50% to begin with)[/p][p] [/p][p]Bart - I'll try to answer you too[/p][p]If it is a contested named - you have 3 shots at contesting it before your gear breaks .. I think after 3 deaths it's clear you aren't going to win.[/p][p]If they have already killed the named they can assign or roll on loot while dead then revive[/p][p]But this is more about up in Baren Sky / Bonemire / TT where most of the PvP is these days and every island is just a cloud hop away. Why should your enemy have nothing to lose by attacking you over and over ... and if he gets lucky just once he very well may get a token/fame/status and the satisfaction of successfully griefing you.[/p][p]I don't mind them having a 2nd chance if they want it. Perhaps they had mobs on them during the first fight. I just think the risk for them should increase, now you cant make them lose fame because that opens the door to exploitation so how can you adjust the risk vs reward of them repeatedly attacking you ... like I said gear wear.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-swiftness Guest

[p]I agree this is rediculous..... I think that if they INITIATE combat with you that they should give their infamy up as well.[/p][p] I know ppl might use this to farm infamy and whatnot....but I could care less... lol all they are going to get is the same title someone else who is out having fun and pvp'ing the normal way anyways....well in the same amount of time that is (think about how much they would have to earn on an alt account for infamy to keep rising due to the free kills lol....)[/p][p]No tokens as to prevent farming pvp gear.... but since most ppl on the pvp servers are driven by their titles they should lose their infamy if they are attacking u over and over...... but bringing shards runs back for PvP purposes might be a good idea..... or maybe make the revive sickness worse?[/p][p] [/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Nostrofemus Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Nostrofemus Guest

God this new board confuses me, i guess i responded in the quote lol
  10. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

[p]Well, might be two fixes.[/p][p]First, bring back the old debt amount upion death. (Like 7%) AND, if you are sitting at lvl cap, make it remove 7% of your lvl.[/p][p]Otherwise, just make it so both end up on the others recent when someone is involved in a pvp death. Best fix imho.[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-cklab Guest

[p] Remove the opportunity for respawn rushing and you won't have to change how debt works. It's the most annoying thing in the world to kill someone and have them be back to fight you again in less than a minute. Even with extra debt, most people probably wouldn't care because it would let them level more slowly, get more AAs and be comparatively more powerful than the next guy. [/p][p]The only way I can think of to remedy this problem is to make it impossible to resurrect in what's considered an enemy's zone (antonica for instance if you're freeport). Ideally you should have to return to your home city each time you die, or at least where you're bound like it is in DAOC and a few other games where death without a player rez actually removes you from a fight for a meaningful amount of time.[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Legiax Guest

[p]This could work the other way, with the people who kileld you hittign you causing you to lose 50% gear or whatever. Bad idea.[/p][p] Just root people who respawn for 20 seconds. Sorted.[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

[p]Share recent is a way to remove the incentive, unless its a fight for a spawn point for a named. You could also put in fighting opver respawns. If your side owns all repsawns in a zone, the enemy cant respawn there. Designating any other zones than ant and CL to belong to a city would prolly just be silly. And you know that the whole debt thing wont even net you more aa than doing the right quests will? Its a myth. [/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

They are already locked out of attacking you for 30 seconds.
  16. ARCHIVED-Kaleyen Guest

I think that if they are on your recent and THEY engage you in combat that they should just come off your recent, thus they have the chance of losing fame and loot again.
  17. ARCHIVED-Eluzay Guest

too exploitable, just join a group after you kill someone and then when they attack your group they go off recent, way to exploitable.
  18. ARCHIVED-cklab Guest

[p] That wouldn't be an exploit. There are circles under people's feet that indicate who someone is grouped with, so how would it be my fault if I killed someone, joined a group, then the guy I recently killed attacks a group mate? Fighting someone whom you've recently killed after they attack you again and not getting a reward for killing them again is the most moronic thing I've thought about today.[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Badaxe Bart Guest

[p]Jeesh, one side wants more fame for ganing, while the other side doesn't want any way for retaliation under any circumstances.[/p][p]SOE don't change a thing![/p][p] [/p]