Resists

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Prox, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Prox Well-Known Member

2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The problem is probably potency. 60K-65K POT is about right for T1 heroics. You have enough Resolve for T2 heroics, but are probably still too low in POT for T2.

Also, when you get into a zone facing one of these mobs that's resisting, mouse over its buffs before the pull, and see what stats it's debuffing. The current not-fun stupid monster trick is that they debuff your doublecast, crit bonus, etc. Once you know what they're debuffing, you may wantt o reforge to account for that.
  3. Vogie Active Member

unfortunately the problem isn't potency. I'm sitting at 86k and get resists like it's no bodies business in heroics. It helps getting my +spell skills over 2k but even at 2.5k i'll still get the odd resists. It's a lot less but it's still there, raid mobs I haven't encountered this but in heroics i make the joke about bringing "Fizzles" back to add to the frustration that is being a caster.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Potency & any other reforgable stats have 0 impact upon resists.

Spell skills are usually the issue if they are very low, or people not debuffing mobs. If I remember right, there are snacks you can buy that greatly enhance them? Try giving them a go.
    Mathafern likes this.
  5. Prox Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input everyone, 3 year hiatus did me no good . Slowly getting things sorted out.
  6. Prox Well-Known Member

I did some AA work and put on some white adorns for spell skill from Planes . Got my spell skills over 2K solo . Almost no resists now.