Researcher Ascnesion Primer

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CSP84, Feb 12, 2024.

1. CSP84 Well-Known Member

My understanding of the Ascension Primer, being on the Advanced Researcher, is to lvl all Ascension classes to Lvl 25.

I did research on of these to level Etherealist to 25. I have changed my class to Geomancer now. However upon changing the class, Geomancer stopped at Level 21.

I went back to the Researcher to see if i had to research again, all i got was a notice in Red saying i had one researched and there is no other Class to level.
    Rattophaxe and Twyla like this.
  2. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Bump. Is this being looked at please. I would like to continue as a Lvl25 Geomancer.
  3. CSP84 Well-Known Member

I wrote this morning to CS about the issue;
    I researched the above mentioned Item sometime ago. The item says:" When examined this Tome will increase any Ascension Class to Level 25". I was off last expansion so i used this item. My first Ascension Class, Etherealist, went to Level 25. However i changed my Class to Geomancer and i stopped levelling at 21. I can't research the item again. It says in Red:"Requires not having the specified Ascension Class at or above the specified Level"
    I need help to get the Ascen sion Class to Level 25 as i am stuck

The CS response:
    Greetings!

Some items aren't valid anymore, like the Guided Ascension items. This isn't something we're able to assist with, unfortunately. Make sure you visit the Trainer to level up/empty the XP 'bucket'. Here's a link that might be helpful: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Ascension. You'll need to get Primers and Boosts from the Panda quests and Overseer and/or XP from quests. If you haven't done Renewal of Ro Timeline quests, you might start there. From the Wikia: The Renewal of Ro Timeline rewards with "Ascension Boost" up to level 25. Take care!

If there's anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
    What does that even mean "Some items aren't valid anymore?". The mentioned item was put a month ago into the game
    and is supposedly leveling all Aschension classes.
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

It means the CSR who responded doesn't know what you're talking about. Which isn't terribly uncommon.

The issue is likely that when the researched L25 boost was added, they didn't *also* add code to check if you'd used that to boost to 25 when changing class to boost your class to 25, so it is checking for your completed RoR sig line flag and seeing you haven't completed it and not giving you level 25.

Assuming you've changed to other classes and back again and there's no change, then it is absolutely a bug that you can neither research another 25 boost nor get boosted to 25, without word from a dev that it is only intended to allow a boost to one class.
  5. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Only one class, the class at the time of the item consumption, Etherealist got to Lvl25. When changed to Geo, and the other two classes, didn't level to 25.