Researched Grandmaster Spells

Discussion in 'Fan Site News and Announcements' started by Niami DenMother, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

If all goes as planned with the testing, members will have the ability to research grandmaster spells, and crafters will have the ability to have their apprentices research the recipes to craft grandmaster spells, on September 30. I've heard a lot of confusion and questions about the actual process behind the research, so I figured a quick guide was in order. Note that I specifically did not give stats on any specific spells, nor exact resources needed for the crafting, because there's still a week of testing, and patching, to go, and things are still being tweaked by the dev team.

Grandmaster Spells and You
    Neiloch, Feara, Finora and 3 others like this.
  2. Paddyo Member

Just one quick question, about the much appreciated guide. I believe it was in the last live stream that they stated if you were a member and scribed a Grandmaster spell, but then reverted to FTP, that the grandmaster spell would only revert back to master , no matter what it had been before. Your example of a journeyman spell reverting back to journeyman contradicts this. Is this something you've seen to be true in your testing, or should we look for a clarification between the live stream comments and your guide? It's not going to matter to me, as I've always been all access....but...
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

If the livestream said that, then that is more recent than the information which was provided at SOELive. Since I didn't make up an F2P account while the beta server was still open, I can't test it in the time available. :( I guess we find out after it hits the masses tomorrow. :O I'll add a note in the writeup about the fact that this may be outdated info.

~Mum
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I've updated the article some more based on patches on Test, including adding in the resource requirements for the recipes. I'm doing a tier-by-tier harvest check now for the spellshards/foundations to be sure they're dropping as expected.

~Mum
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

You can tell the word is starting to get out. The price of T9 rares is positively stratospheric.
  6. Olgie New Member

How long does it take to research the L95 recipe books on Test?
  7. Stike Member

I thought this sheeeee it was supposed to be out today on live, with expansion a month a way, not leaving much time for early benefits.
  8. flameweaver Well-Known Member

9. Feldon Well-Known Member

It's coming next Tuesday, the same day that Altar of Malice beta starts for All Access members.

Considering some of us didn't think Grandmasters were coming *until* the expansion, the delay doesn't bother me. It just postpones how depressed I'm going to be when I see how many thousands of plat it's going to take to get Grandmastered on even one character. Current estimates are 18-25,000 plat.
  10. Loredena Active Member

Given that the most I have across my entire account is about 1500 plat I won't be buying my grandmasters. I'll either get amazingly lucky on drops AND harvests (hah!) or I'll research them. Given that I'm not even fully mastered I doubt I'll ever be fully gmastered, but that's ok. It's a bonus, I'll focus on key spells, and it'll happen when it happens.
  11. Stike Member

Yeah its going to be crazy expensive for all the masters. In our guild we have been farming all the old zones for the non upgradables so have a nice start on those, the 91-95's though are going to be tough to get!
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The same as other level 95 apprentice research, 15 days.

~Mum
  13. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I swear, they've ninja upped the drop rate in current content. I may be imagining it. But the last dozen zones I've run - a master has dropped. One run we didn't get one. Then the next run we got two. Captain Steins in Halls has been repeatedly kind to us.

They may have fluffed up the drop chance a hair in preparation for the GM rush.. Or, it may be wishfull thinking/confirmation bias.
  14. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I snatched up the best ranger stuff (off stance, makeshift, etc) soon as I heard they would be needed to make them. Glad I did because each master worth a darn is going for 1k+ and those are the cheap ones.

From the sounds of things the real bottleneck will be the new rare. I hear about people harvesting for literally hours without a single rare needed. Its hard not be suspect of these type of things since SC can make you completely grandmastered as fast as you can click and spend.
    Feldon likes this.