Research Reduction Potions

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Arahad, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Arahad Member

These used to be a random drop from the Skyshrine solo run, and were a random loot object from the crate of ethereal goodies. I have guildies telling me that they've gotten them since the latest update, but suddenly, dozens of people are saying they're spending hours grinding or purchasing crates, and they seem to be gone. Have you guys pulled the proverbial carpet out from under us without a word? It's not the fact that they're missing that bothers me as much as the fact that you removed them without a word, and stand by as we continue to think we're doing something productive when in fact we're wasting time.
  2. Gelenor Well-Known Member

well there was a reply to your message by a certain player refuting your claim Arahad, that post has somehow been deleted/removed since posted. So I do not expect my post to stay up for long.

Yes I agree, running multiple characters myself thru SS missions prior and post GM patch, it does seem that they have been removed as a drop, without notice, with the patch.

While perfectly valid for researching since they came out, it seems that that a decision has been made that now with GM's, it does not fit within the plan, and they would instead prefer you to spend SC to speed up your spellbook research.
    Kraeref and Feldon like this.
  3. Cisteros Active Member

they have been dropping for the last month. using 2 level 95s using only Dracur Prime solo and cashing in 15-20 goblin games tickets I amassed enough reduction to research a level 55 and a level 90 ability to GM for free on patch night
  4. Gelenor Well-Known Member

The Thread is about the potions NOT dropping since PATCH. Not what you did prior to patch. You and many others have been getting them ages, using them or saving them. But with the GM patch this source of research reduction poitions has been removed. Free to post if manage to get one since the GM patch was in place.
    Feldon likes this.
  5. Cisteros Active Member

ahhh reading comp > me it seems. Glad I thought ahead and farmed what I did then
  6. Bashem Well-Known Member

SOE doing behind the scenes things these days until caught and even then they seem to prefer to just let us blow off steam and move on like the humans we are;) Unfortunately when you play a game thats designed by every Marketplace sale they make is not going away as long as they paying their bill that way. There is tons of fluff on Marketplace that cater to those who money is no problem and if help them justify the high price they have on needed items. What cant be bought in the Marketplace for a price?
    I dont know how SOE is doing these days due to there not wanting to say how many are actively playing.
    What company does not want the bragging rights to having a high active player-base? So going forward things will continue to be business as usual.:rolleyes:
    Any way SOE can get people to spend more SC they will. And on topic I have not gotten any reduced research items from SS lately.
    The last ones came when I had a bunch goblin tokens I had never used to play for goblin gold and other items. Another thing thats is no longer available.:eek:
  7. Steelviper Active Member

They seem to have removed ALL the Research Time Reduction potion drops from Skyshrine Advanced Solo instances, Chains of Eternity Advanced Solo instances, and from those Crates of Ethereal Goodies which can be bought off the Steward of Drinal for Obols, if you did the CoE questline. Quite obviously, and I'm sure everybody can agree, to make you spend Station Cash on research, now that it's taking even more time to upgrade to Grandmaster Spells, instead of getting those potions of earlier and avoid paying your money.
    Understandable step since it's a corporation which lives on people paying money, but nonetheless it leaves quite a bad and dirty impression, taking into account that it was done quietly, secretly, and there was absolutely no announcement on that step for the playerbase.

Not the first time things like that have been done, either, but not much you can do - either take it and continue playing, knowing that you support a corporation which is using you in every way possible when being able to get away with it, or leave the game.
  8. Thalador Active Member

This is all about "Pay for spell upgrades to GM". Period
  9. Ratza Well-Known Member

It sounds like GM were introduced for one reason only....I think we all know what that reason is....IMO expecting your paying customer to shell out houndred's of dollar per toon for upgrades is bad....but there are people willing to spend this kind of real life cash and they know it....and they are banking on it....I had never paid to upgrade a master when the price was 6.00 bucks but did consider paying to GM upgrades until it was priced out of my range.....there are two members in my household who pay/play this game and we have decided we will only research/craft these GM's because we can't afford to dish out hundred's and hundred's of dollars per toon not to mention alt toons on our acocunts.....prior to the jacked up price over Labor Day we had considered spending the 6 bucks per spell or estimated 10 bucks per GM...but the new pricing has put us out of this market....I'm sure I'm not the only one who simply can't afford these SC prices.....I don't know...call me old school but what happened to giving your monthly subscribers a break?
  10. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Come on soe, another low action from your part.
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

Most of the GM spells are trvial updates anyway, but it is a poor move from SOE.
  12. Cronqar New Member

I got research reduction tokens I, II, and III (1, 3,7 days) yesterday with the Goblin Game Tokens
  13. Droll Active Member

Those were removed as well. The ones you had were left overs.
    Feldon likes this.
  14. Magman New Member

Ran SS adv solo all the time for these potions. Got back from vacation and was noticing no potions were dropping. It's unfortunate, one less reason to log into the game. It's also particularly nasty that they do it without mention.
    Feldon likes this.
  15. Gharyn Well-Known Member

They're not going to come out and say "Research reducers will no longer drop in game because we want to encourage you to now pay for them." No, they know if they act like it's a non-issue it will go away faster and they can move on to the next thing they are going to nerf and put on the marketplace.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

I played around with some LADs last night, and it was my strong opinion that LAD's should also drop research time reducers. Maybe restrict them for research on level 1-89 spells, but given the rate of level gain, and the lack of adepts and masters dropping there (since its level agnostic and all), the boxes should have a good chance at dropping some research reductions so that you can get your spell upgrades while your working thru them.

I'm sure my groups would appreciate me using better than apprentice spells in the groups, perhaps they would be carrying my level 25 necro a little less.
  17. Paddyo Member

Ive gotten several adepts/masters in LADs. Always for my class. Usually off the final named when it comes to master.