Request to the powers that be!

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Khiara, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Khiara Active Member

Can the personal depots either have the lore removed so we can have more than one in a home.....or have the correct number of slots to reflect the number of items in game. For example the fuel depot there are 6 fuels across the tradeskills: Candle, sandpaper, kindling, incense, coal, filament. x 10 tiers for each. PLUS the "special" fuels for holiday crafting. Yet the fuel depot only goes to 50 slots.

Secondly, would you PLEASE give us Crafting/Rush writ NPCs for our HOUSES??? Yes yes yes I KNOW that the sage can make the scrolls. I personally don't WANT to have to go rare harvesting every single time I want to do rush writs. Nor do I want all that bag/bank space taken up because the silly things DON'T STACK. I want simplicity. Go to my crafting Vale...click on the writ giver and craft away!
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Neither is likely to ever happen. The depots actually started out where you could put mutliples in one house, but they made sure it can't be done after they added the newer ones.

If you want the convenience of a full-time writ giver, join a guild.
  3. Meirril Well-Known Member

While the devs have made concessions to people who want to craft in their homes they also have very meticulously made decisions that put personal depots in the range of useful but inferior to guild amenities. A lot of this centers around making it inconvenient to use a bot to grind writs or do other labor intensive crafting for effectively infinite periods of time in the privacy of your own personal home. I guess the thought is that if you did this in a guild hall someone else could wander by and report you.

If it really bothers you that much you could just take one of your toons and get a personal guild hall. While grinding a guild to level 30 by yourself is a pain it actually doesn't have much cost to it to keep a small guild hall. As an added bonus not only can you get the guild depots, you'd also be able to get actual vendors and possibly a travel amenity or two. Oh, and another set of inefficient harvesters.

Going up to a medium or larger guild hall is tempting but requires a lot more work AND a substantial increase in upkeep. I don't recommend it for this sort of project.
    Deveryn likes this.
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Make 2 craft-houses!
    set up one home with t1-t5 and the other t-6+
    or as Meirril said, start your own guild
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Remove tier 1 & 2 fuels and least used t3 fuels (I think i just went ahead and removed everything but sandpaper & coal) from the fuel depot and stuff them in a broker box in your home and price them at cost. If we get more tiers of fuels, we'll have to adjust of course, but it really isn't too hard to work around.

Of course only works for gold members, silver and free can't buy direct from homes.

For doing writs in your home if you don't like messing with the scrolls, buy the clipboards from the City Merchant. Place them conveniently for all your crafting tables. Publish your crafting house. Set yourself up in the crafting building of whichever city you choose, set your filters so you are ready. Get your writ, visit your crafter house from the leaderboards. Pick up the actual work order from the clipboards in your home and proceed to craft it. When you are done, click the exit arrow and go back to the City crafter house.

Failing that you can also prep in your house before heading to town to do writs. Pick up 2-3 stacks of each component you will need to do writs from your depot, head into town, buy fuel and writ away until you run low on components then head back home to restock.

I've used both of these methods for unguilded characters and they work just dandy.

Houses aren't meant to be as convenient as guild halls. It's just a fact of life in Norrath.