[Request] Non-Island Prestige Homes

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by NrthnStar5, Dec 13, 2015.

1. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

I'd like to formally request a shift in how prestige homes are created, in that we move away from prestige homes that are placed on islands in the middle of the ocean.

Now, this really only applies to prestige homes that have exteriors, where you can go out of the home and into the surrounding area to some extent. Many of our current prestige homes with exteriors are islands, out in the middle of some ocean. Can we move away from that please? Examples:

- Snowy Dwelling : Love this prestige home and the overall ambience. Don't like that I'm on an icy island in the ocean. This home should feel like you are tucked away in the mountains surrounded by a forest.

- Dhalgar Precipice Home - Love the dwarvish inspiration, but again this home makes no sense out in the middle of the ocean! This should be underground where dwarves feel most at home!

- Vale of Halfpint Delight - This one isn't so bad as an island, but I think it would have been better served if the ocean was facing one direction, and maybe enchanted lands scenery behind the island.

I feel like the blank space for many prestige homes is out in the ocean, but I'd like to challenge the devs to consider more variety with our outdoor locations. Thanks for your consideration Devs, we love our housing in EQ2 and I realize that the housing community is insatiable! :p
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I like the Oakmyst Forest Glen thing, but there's a lot of trees, hills, etc. in the way. :-/

And something like the Personal Grotto or the Island of Refuge is a little huge for the slots we have available. :-/

Having just a section of plains would be nice, aye; something a bit more to them than the Hua Mein canyon. ;->

Uwk
    who noticed you didn't include the floating Tenebrous islands/Ethernere islands, or the Tinkerfest island area... ;->
    SierraDawn, NrthnStar5 and Trixwynter like this.
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

There is one house I know lots of people want that has an ocean around it...Mara Island/Village of Shin. I still want that one no matter how many ocean houses we already have. But, yes different types would be nice. I would love snowy mountains with some flat areas around. I know lots of people that would love a cave...and I am sure they might not mind some land surrounding it. Baubbleshire would be awesome.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Lots of folks have requested the Baubbleshire and the other suburbs, me included! I think if they could do Oakmyst, they ought to be able to do that. I'm not asking that all the doors work (not all of them worked in the original suburbs when we could live there), or that there's an approximation of one of the small apartments inside somewhere (though it'd be cool, I don't think it could be done; they're larger on the inside than the building on the outside could accommodate, I think), just the general look/feel of the old places. And it would be a way for the Powers to make some cash from it, too. ;->

There are caves in the back of the Hua Mein place, behind the big tiger statue/rock formation, and the Personal Grotto is nothing but caves, from what I hear, but something in the middle, size-wise, would be nice. :)

Uwk
    Puckling likes this.
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I like that we have "land" but there is soooooooo much of it! How do you use all that space?? I really do like my Vacant Estate. I do however turn my speakers off when I am in it. Can't stand the creepy sounds. Wish you could turn them off like you can change the weather in the Storm Tower house.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'd like a lot more toggles here and there; one thing that used to destroy any chance I had of staying in the game before getting booted would be shot to hell if I was in Freeport or Qeynos in my WinXP days and it was raining. :-/

I strongly suggested a toggle switch for "SHUT OFF RAIN" but was told the artists would pout all over the place. The final straw was when it was raining IN my 6-room SQ place... :-/

I love that we can now adjust the weather in places like the Storm Tower and the Nights of the Dead place! Awesome idea! :D

Uwk