Request for a Signature

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa, Apr 5, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Heyas
    I'm putting this here instead of asking specific members becuase I am not sure if it can be done.
    But this is pretty much it. It will be a 500x150 sig (or 400x150 whichever can go here safely). If anyone thinks they can do so, let me know so I can explain the background colour and other I need there.
    Thanks a bunch.
    I would like a picture of my character casting: [IMG]
    With a pair of wings:
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

This thread is all you need. [IMG] Just pick one artist whose style you like and who's currently taking requests, then follow the instructions in their sig thread to provide them with all the information they require.
    If they can't or won't fulfil the request as you lay it out, they should let you know so you can find another artist. This will keep multiple artists from dogpiling on a particular request and therefore save much wasted time and resentment. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Seagoat wrote:
    And as I said in my first post, that I've tried that before, and fo rme it is easier to see this way.
    But fine, I'mm spam a few in boxes then. Most artists are not doing it any more or is not thier style.
  4. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Not to sound insensitive, but it isn't about what's easiest for you. ;) It's about what's easiest for the artist who's actually going to do the work and whose queue may have perfectly valid requests in it that need to come first.
    Making a sig isn't a 10-minute job. It takes hours -- and if those hours were spent on a sig that will never see the light of day, they're totally wasted. Please follow the sig artists' community protocol for placing a sig request; it will make everyone's life easier. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Please keep responses to PMs .. thank you.
  6. ARCHIVED-Taranwen Guest

heh best of luck in your endeavor to find a sig maker. Most sig makers have a pretty long que of folks to get sigs made...im sure they have all the time in the world to go looking through the forum to see who has individual requests for them outside of their normal que, and the people who have already filled out the proper information and gone through the correct channels to get their sigs created.

with all due respect, your asking an awful lot for a sig maker to think your idea is so fantastic and original that they should drop their cue and seek you out to make you the most perfectist sig evar! There are rules and it isn't because people just like making rules, its because its the easiest and most efficient way to be sure that you arent getting the time and effort of several sig makers when they could be working on someone elses masterpiece.
    But if this way works better for you, then by all means, have at it!
  7. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Churche@Mistmoore wrote:
    Hrm, I DID ask for all responses to be sent to me in PMs but since you had to post here and not read my post and take an extremely rude attitude ...
    I have been sending PMs and mail to the artists to get this done. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A MASTERPIECE AS DOING THIS WAY BEFORE HAS WORKED FOR ME WITH NO PROBLEM. STOP REPLYING TO THIS TOPIC.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ranwynne Guest

Katryina@Antonia Bayle wrote:

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor to find an artist willing to design the sig you have in mind. The sig artists here volunteer their time. Many of them do not get paid for their work. The reason they ask you to PM them is that as Seagoat mentioned, it's not fair to the other artists to vie for the hopes of doing your sig when you are likely only going to display one sig. That's a lot of wasted time and frustration. As an artist myself, I completely understand why they ask this.
    Frankly, I don't think any of the sig artists have been rude. In fact, seems to me they've been more than helpful. They all do some amazing work.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Alright folks... I think it's time for this thread to die down.