REQUEST - Activate Neriak dock for good players

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Carynn, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Carynn Well-Known Member

I would like to request activating the Neriak docks to be available via the Commonlands bell, like the City of Freeport is, for good players. Evil players can get anywhere in the game easily, including Qeynos, Halas, and GFay, but good is stuck going the long way around and facing the very high level entrance guards with no way to get past unless you are over level 85 and your sneak works, or you beg someone to rez you (mercs only rez you sometimes, not always).

There are quests that require you to go to Neriak as a good player, as well as visiting people's houses for broker/sales items. It would be nice to have a simple way to do this without repetitive dying.
    Dude, Raff, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  2. Bendigeidfran Member

Evil players can't zone into Qeynos though, (or at least, tried on Rivervale and couldn't, haven't tried on Thurgadin), you have to go to Antonica and use a gate - i
    t's integral to the good/evil balance.
    . Bizarrely, when I tried to zone to Qeynos, I ended up in Queen's Colony.
  3. Carynn Well-Known Member

Incorrect. On Live, if you are evil, go to the Antonica bell and you can zone into Qeynos Harbor and get the quest updates/starters you need easily. If you are good, you can use the Commonlands bell to zone into South Freeport and get the quest updates/starters you need easily. If you are evil, you can use the free world map to zone into both Halas and Gfay. If you are good, you can use the free world map to zone into Tim Deep, but not Neriak. The only way to get into Neriak is as I stated, by going through the main gate and facing four level 85 guards and one roaming level 125 epic guard, which thus require either a high level toon or someone around to rez you or CoV you. This makes it a high irritant for those who want to complete quests that require a visit to Neriak or to go to people's homes to use their sales crates. Hence, my request.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I genuinely feel like Neriak was an afterthought in the grand scheme of things in this game. They allowed the SOGA team to help design it. Sure, it looks nice, but its physical layout is very inconvenient for anyone who actually lives there, and it is a good point that Good aligned players cannot easily access it for various quests that require you to go inside.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I had one of my evils buy a city house there and then I put portals from my goodies houses in it so they can get to Neriak. But now with the housing teleportation networks borked, its hit or miss whether they can get there unless they are where they can actually see the portal to click on it.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea the housing thing is very irritating especially when you have a ton of characters you bounce through daily. Thank God the guild hall portal still works to get to the housing but then you can't get back once you get there. I hope this is one of the first things they fix when they come back. Yes I up-voted the bug thread :)
    Cyrrena, Dude and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I wish that the Greater Fay Nursery and Chrykori Village were available on the bell for both good and evil toons - both need the Nursery for quests, and good toons need Chrykori if they choose Karana for their deity.
    Cyrrena, Carynn and Breanna like this.
  8. Zinj Well-Known Member

(1) There is a way for a lower level good player to get into Neriak. First is to tinker feign death items, and sprint past the guards and click FD. You may have to cycle it a couple of times to drop aggro and get far enough in.

(2) Those players with Mantis Leap or equivalents can target NPCs through the gateway and jump to them. Having an FD mechanism works in these cases too.

(3) I seem to recall being able to climb/jump over the wall on one side. Don't remember if that's still working or not.

(4) and while not mentioned above, you can get someone to call of veteran you into the place.
  9. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

It's physical layout has nothing to do with being an afterthought. It intentionally mimics the general layout of Neriak Commons + Neriak Third Gate. There are literally teleporters all over the city to make Neriak one of the easiest cities in the game to navigate. From a lore perspective, it should be by design difficult for good players to access, not that this game cares overly much about lore anymore. I disagree with letting people use docks to go straight to the harbor of opposing cities in general though. You used to either have to sneak in or zerg the gates and pray. It was always possible to access opposing cities, even necessary, but you just didn't walk in with impunity.
    Arkarnia likes this.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

That's the key term "used to" - you don't have to do this any more, as they changed the game and access to all the cities but Neriak. If it's changed for some, it should be changed for all.

But again, this is a convenience request, because it would be nice to zone easily into this city to complete quests that require you to go there, without having to beg for a CoV or hope for a successful FD, when none of those things are necessary in any of the other cities.

I would love for Gfay Nursery to be on their too, since Moonlight takes place at that location every month, and only some folks can bell there. (TD as well, just to be equal.)
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Dude like this.