1. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm just curios. Is there an alternate way to make repairs to armor, etc besides of constantly DBG cash to do so? Thanks!
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Occam Well-Known Member

Wait... you've been using DBG cash to repair? o_O

There are mendors that repair for plat all over the place. Every city and hub has at LEAST one, if not multiple.
    You can also purchase a Mechanized Platinum Repository of Reconstruction off the broker or tinker it yourself.
    Soara2, Dude and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

You need to have tinkering 350 to be able to call up the repair bot, though you can use one somebody else has called up without any tinkering skill.
    Soara2, knightowl, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  4. Leloes Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have. Sorry I'm a bit of a dummy when it comes to somethings concerning this game.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

There are menders in Qeynos - one in Qeynos Harbour, and one each in both North and South Qeynos. Just ask a guard and type "mender" and they will direct you to the one in their zone.

Cost is negligible for in-game coin - don't use DB cash! Seriously think about getting the repair bot though - saves you having to hike back to a city to a mender if you can repair in the field.
    Soara2 and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Leloes Well-Known Member

Please, don't hit me but....what is a tinkering bot?:confused:
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

And how much will this cost?
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Heh, I just edited my post to say negligible cost. For your level, it will only be a couple of silver, if indeed that. For my 110 geared toons, it's usually never above around 15g (if only died once).
    Pixistik likes this.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

Sounds much more better than what I'm paying now. I'll be sure to check it out next time I'm in game.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That is the Mechanized Platinum Repository of Reconstruction linked above, people just call it a repair bot.
    Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

Cool!
  12. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

It's called Mechanized Platinum Repository of Reconstruction and can be purchased on the broker. You can also craft one yourself when you reach 350 in Tinkering from Blueprint: Reconstructor.

What Mermut said is true, however; you also can't use it until you reach 350 in Tinkering. The easiest way to level up is to find Londiar Inygad in the crafting area of any city, and pick up the Tinkering, Adorning and Transmuting daily tasks. He will give you a chest for each to unpack. It has materials and the recipe, so your only cost is fuel. These give quite a bit of tradeskill experience as well as leveling up these skills.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

Okay, when I get back to Qeynos I'll check into that. Thanks!
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Kheldar Active Member

If you are in a guild, many have guild mender NPC's as an add on.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Leloes Well-Known Member

Not a member of a guild, yet. But I'll keep that in mind.
  16. Meneltel Well-Known Member

And the guild often covers the cost of repairs if you repair in the guild hall at the guild mender
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

Still looking for a guild. But I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
  18. mothelm Active Member

leloes what server are you playing on ? i am starting a new prog guild on AB, if you are interested?
  19. Svenone Well-Known Member

* If you are a gnome, you can repair your gear yourself once per day (I think, might be more often) for free.
    * Carpenters can still make repair kits that will fix broken gear up to the 40% or 50% mark (unless they removed that recipe - haven't checked lately).
    * There is the repair bot that was previously mentioned, though skilling up is either a long process (if using the NPC trainer) or expensive if finding the materials to do so yourself, but it doesn't wear out.
    * There were 3 free 100% repair kits I received in /claim, don't remember what grants that, though. (very limited resource)
    * As you have found out, you can spend DBC if you like.
    * Every city, and in many of the latest expansions quest hubs, there are mender NPCs that will repair gear for in-game coin.

Honestly, I don't see the need for the mechanic these days. At first it was a plat sink, and I suppose it still is in a very limited way, but it is more of a speed bump than anything else now.
  20. Leloes Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I'm on Maj'Dul but I do appreciate the offer. Thanks!