Renewal of Ro - Oppressive Sands debuff stuck

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Noda, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Noda New Member

Just purchased Renewal of Ro and cannot get rid of the "Oppressive Sands" debuff. Is there a specific questline that I need to follow to remove this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Toon name : Nitto
    Server : Skyfire
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Benj Well-Known Member

Is this debuff on you always, and in all zones? Or is it on you only within RoR dungeons (Blood and Sand, Sultan's Dagger, Overgrowth, etc.)? If the latter, then that is the intended behavior. Every dungeon for the past however many expansions has had some variant of this debuff, specifically to make healers weaker and have to re-gear. It's kind of the healers' equivalent of combat mitigation.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. vlada Active Member

this is intended and not a bug. overland and in zones. it cannot be removed
  4. Noda New Member

I have yet to attempt any of the dungeons but is in open world.
  5. Noda New Member

So even when I fly into Raj'Dur Plateau this debuff will constantly be active? It makes killing single enemies with my merc almost impossible.
  6. Bramdar Active Member

Yes - Oppressive Sands is active in all RoR zones. It scales up as you get into heroic content.

Looking at your character, your crit bonus is far too low. Your crit bonus should be in the 20,000-25,000 range for RoR content. I see you're using the Tishan's lockbox gear and adornments, but do you have a current tier familiar active? The familiar is a huge portion of your crit bonus, and since release several people have come to the forums complaining about difficulty of RoR content, and sometimes they find their familiar isn't active (either they're using an older season familiar, or it's been unsummoned because they mentored previously, or the like.)
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No,what's making it almost impossible for you to kill things is your stats. Take a look at the RoR Gear Guide, and see if you can't make some adjustments.
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Noda New Member

Thank you for the help! It is much appreciated. I am recently coming back to the game after being away from awhile and didn't realize so much has changed.
  9. Noda New Member

Thanks, appreciate the help and guide!
  10. Bramdar Active Member

No problem! Hopefully that was it, but Sigrdrifa's gear guide is a huge help as well. I came back a few expansions ago after several years away myself, and it took me some time to get up to speed again too.
  11. Sleppen Active Member

I'm bumping this particular comment for any people who played the Chronoportal Event and had their familiar unsummoned as a result. I stuck my nose into RoR and got a rude surprise. I had a hard time soloing a freaking coyote. I couldn't figure out what was going on, but then I found Bramdar's post. Sure enough, my familiar was gone.
    Twyla likes this.