Removing Housing Access - Comments & Issue

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Jamiss Developer

When did you attempt to remove the access, character name, house name, house owner's name? I would like to take a look in the logs and see what happened.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Solith New Member

Thank you for the response Jamiss, I tried around 2PM EST on 8/19. Character name is Solith, house name Silver Leaf inn in Greater Faydark, house owner is Cebee.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"...or the zone in which you access the zone." Like, for instance, if the house in question is in Freeport, could you access it from The Commonlands (or conversely, Qeynos and Antonica), or would you have to be in Freeport proper and/or in the house itself? :-/

Drat, drat, drat...any chance on being able to skitter around that somehow, like with something on the Housing and Leaderboards? No, no, wait; if a person's left the game or has been out of action for months/years, it probably wouldn't be up there any more... :-/

On the other hand, even making it part of the Guild Hall capabilities wouldn't necessarily help any baby toons that don't have a guild affiliation, or whose guilds don't have a Hall yet. :-/

Uwk
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Deep breaths, Uwk. I think you're making this unneccessarily complicated. {ticklehugs}

To answer your apparent questions in a seemingly random manner - if the person in question doesn't have a guildhall, then they're not being hit with a huge access list when they access their guild hall housing portal, so they don't really, truly, need the removal capabilities now, do they? This is more for cleaning up those lists for folks who've been added to a zillion and one homes that they don't have any further need of visiting for one reason or another. (To be UTTERLY clear to be sure you're not confusing issues, this does nothing about all the stuff that shows up on your home's door because of *portals* placed in other people's homes. You're on your own with abandoned portals. This is just access lists)

If they're especially squishy and need to deal with removing access to someone's home from the opposing faction, they can use the guildhall portal to visit the home and can remove their access from inside the home. Then gate out, use house ratings to get to a portal home and travel from there, etc.

The whole the "zone in which you access the zone" is the timesaver for non-squishy or friendly faction areas, allowing you, for example, to run around South Qeynos and remove a ton of accesses via the housing portal there, then run around to any SQ homes and remove access from the front doors, etc.

Again, all of this is only really a big thing if you have a huge, ginormous housing access list from friends, acquaintances, etc. and want to trim it down to size. Most folks who fit into that category are well used to traveling around and safely accessing things.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Okay, cool. :)

Thanks for the clarification! ;->

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if you have a crafting decorating toon that's like level 100 carpenter but only level 20 adventure
    and your not in a guild or your guild is in its infancy ( I don't think that's likely )
    You can always go and find a friendly guild anywhere that allows its visitors to use their portals , I have done this planty of times.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Avahlynn like this.
  7. Orinoko356 Member

Hi

I have a huge housing list but not all trustees. I have a long long list of people who have put me on their housing list as friends... some of them have been long gone from game yet still their house appears on my housing list. I was kinda hoping that with this new thing I would be able to remove myself from the list as friend. However, seems its just trustee access which can be removed which I can do already? Or am I reading this wrong? Would be wonderful if I could remove myself from all those 'friend' houses that I am no longer needing on my list.

If I am doing it wrong please please tell me as it's frustrating having to trawl through a huge list from Guild Portal before I can finally find the house I am looking for.
  8. Jamiss Developer

You should be able to remove even if you're not a Trustee. If you're having a problem with "Friend" or "Visitor" access please PM me character name, server name, and time that you tried to remove access.
  9. Orinoko356 Member

First off thanks very much for the reply. I went back and tried to remove access from a 'friend' house and it worked!

I never knew you could do that as I had always tried to remove it from inside the house rather than outside.

Wonderful news thanks for the help I am busy trimming my very extensive housing list now :)