Release of RoK

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by dooya, May 9, 2018.

1. dooya New Member

Am I correct in hearing that RoK is being delayed for release? I took that week off and really not happy.
  2. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

kander:
  3. Simparri Active Member

Didn't work<grin>.
  4. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

Please just announce a launch date prior to the date that companies that are subject to Government sanctions again Russian companies must cease US operations. The fear and conspiracy talk will be very high if the launch date is moved to after that time.
    Simparri likes this.
  5. Zlith Member

Likely it will be either June 5th or June 12th (probably 12th as gives more time after GU106 launch to work on RoK improvements) at this point if it is delayed. It would have been delayed a few days in any case as Monday May 28th is Memorial day and they wouldn't have been patching on the next day (May 29th), would have been likely Thursday that week, so May 31st.

EoF being extended isn't the best case scenario for sure as there is limited content to work on still. RoK is the expansion that likely could have used some extra weeks.

If better item balancing, raid balancing and possibly Avatars come in, it will be worth the time, we shall see what happens.

This is a result of GU106 date falling 5 days before RoK and having a smaller team of Devs without a Dev specifically only assigned to TLE stuff.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

If it the launch date is announced for after June 5th, it may lead to the sceptics to come out in full force.

Do to this being out there:
    "Columbus Nova which is part of the Russian Renova Group who's assets are being frozen and the company and it's US entities must wind down by June 5, 2018"

Regardless of DBG denying any affiliation with Columbus Nova, a delay beyond the 5th, will cause serious concern.
    Ruallin Ebonhammer likes this.
  7. Nimbrithil Member

So now I hear a rumor that ROK WILL be released on time. So still pushed back or not? PLease put this in writing not the ****** discord channel
  8. CPhil1919 New Member

Devs

Please let us know what is going on with ROK. I need to schedule my vacation.
  9. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

They announced on Discord it will launch on the 31st. About as close to on time as can be expected with the US holiday being the Monday.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

Wish it was the Thursday before labor day instead of after really...

I'll probably be playing P1999 this weekend instead of EQ2 since there's nothing really to do waiting on ROK.