Regarding how long you plan to play on this server *an informal survey*

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Linus, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Linus Member

I know there's not a whole lot of activity on this forum, but I was thinking about what I expect to continue to be able to do on the server and for how long. So I figured I'd throw up a general informal survey to kind of get a sense of what others are looking for here. Feel free to answer, add to, or subtract from the questions I've presented. I'll go first.

1. Originally when did you start to play?
    -Vanilla
    2. What kind of player were you then?
    -Raider/grouper/quester
    3. Which expansion (or content update) was it that you considered yourself no longer committed to the game?
    -Raid guild fell apart mid-DoV (Plane of War time) and I didn't bother to find another one.
    4. Are you the same kind of player on TLE?
    -Yes.
    5. Is there any expansion or content point after which you don't see yourself playing here anymore (preemptively planning to quit)?
    -Not this time. I hope to see some of the content I missed originally, if the server survives long enough (Withered lands/Skyshrine raids/groups and beyond)
    6. Any other random thoughts?
    -Focusing a bit more this time around on signature content, due to the short release cycle. Sig quests, HQs (I don't actively play on live, so the rewards aren't a benefit to me), that sort of thing, and so even if I can't raid, if I can continue to play with folks who want to do that stuff, I'll be relatively happy.
  2. Nuhvohk Active Member

1. KoS
    2. Everything
    3. DoV
    4. Yes
    5. KA for sure, though I'm sure the server will be dead by CoE
    6. Wish the good expacs could last more than 3 months
  3. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

1. Vanilla

2. Grouper/quester. Started raiding in DoF

3. ToT was the first major letdown. KA was the last drop.

4. Just started out again. I will probably be doing all kind of content if the P2W gets less significant, otherwise I won't be raiding.

5. ToT.

6. So far i like this server a lot more then I liked stormhold server and I am currently optimistic about it. A big negative is that they allow ppl to claim live mount and familiar on the TLE because they know they will sell because of advantages, but they still won't let u claim loyalty items earned by ppl who actually played and paid for the xpacs we currently play through.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Ghorast Active Member

1. SL
    2. Grouper/Raider
    3. Sentinels by that point game had truly changed too much from the original design for me to care about but I was suffering massive burnout from TSO too at the time so SF was more like a last nail to the coffin for me. Also I don't think its coincidence Stormhold died during SF.
    4. Yes even if I force myself to do more q*ests now
    5. Probably will stop at SF again and hope Pantheon is in some kind of playable beta state by then
    6. Pay to win is starting to out do most Asian mmos which is sure sign that game is on its last breath
    Tharrakor likes this.
  5. Tominator Member

Sometime before Desert of Flames was released

Solo, group, crafter, explorer, pvp, non end-game

3. Which expansion (or content update) was it that you considered yourself no longer committed to the game?
    I sopped playing around Rise of Kunark. I switched to Warhammer Online when it released in September 2008.

Yup!

5. Is there any expansion or content point after which you don't see yourself playing here anymore (preemptively planning to quit)?
    No

Playing TLE has been mostly nostalgia for me. EQ2 was my first mmorpg which I enjoyed immensely. I've been back on TLE about 3 months and am having a blast. I will continue to play as long as I'm having fun & there's a healthy population across tiers.
  6. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I will probably stay until my guild is no longer strong. Not sure what will come after that, might migrate to live or just quit again.
    random thought: I find it weird when I learn another player is young like 16 years old... like this game is almost as old as they are.
  7. Brawnix New Member

-Vanilla
    -Mostly group content/solo
    -Around ToT before KA came out
    -Yes.
    -Currently ive found myself bored all the time on TLE. Unless you have an active guild or core group of players finding groups at 70 to do claymore/wurmslayer etc. quests forget it.
    -IMO the server is alrdy dead TLE was a neat idea but i don't see it going anywhere. Not enough players doing anything. Sure 1-69 content you can usually find a group easy. Get to 70 and you sit around with your thumb up your bum. Its sad i loved the beginning few xpacs and RoK is by far my favorite but i don't see many people still playing at that point.
  8. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

"Currently ive found myself bored all the time on TLE. Unless you have an active guild or core group of players finding groups at 70 to do claymore/wurmslayer etc. quests forget it. "

I think that's the same story with any aging MMO. Gotta join a guild and even then that doesn't guarantee groups.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

I think this is a forum violation, but *shrug*

-Launch
    -Raider/Leader
    -I don't remember the name of the expansion, the names seemed to get fairly meaningless, but it was about 18 months or so ago that I thru in the towel on EQ2
    -No and Yes. I didn't set out to be, but it seems natural skillsets gravitate to the same places.
    -Short Answer - Soon as Pantheon launches.
    -Long Answer - I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure the server will die before it gets to those expansions. For example, if we actually get to Siren's Grotto, I'm 99% sure I'll quit, as I hated that content the first time, and the thought of doing it again makes me ill. Not only that, I question if there are 28 people on TLE that could do that content, much less could stand to raid with one another to try.
    -I came back to play with my son, he was too young to play competitively previously, and I'm enjoying doing that with him now. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be here at all, there are other games that are far more entertaining.
    Mizgamer62 and Zenji like this.
  10. Ratface Member

1 RoK

2. Solo mostly

3. I played every now and again up to AoM. Was never really committed. Only really started grouping/raiding on Stormhold

4. Nope. Lot's of grouping and regular raiding. Don't really have to solo and the desire isn't really there to quest grind content.

5. Not really, I'd like to get to DoV. It mostly depends on what my guild does. I'd guess Pantheon is a sort of natural break point, but I'll play as long as I can get a raid running.

6. A lot of the game is kind of new to me, although I played for a while I'd never really played until Stormhold released, was much more an EQ1 player up until then. I've known quite a few of my guild since SH, so as long as I've got folks I like to play/chat with I'll be about.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Jokael New Member

1.) Beta
    2.)Started crafter, eventually ended up raiding/grouping
    3.)Chains of Enternity, raiding began to get boring and real life was taking precedence
    4.)I am the same player, I enjoyed helping others, especially noobs looking for tanks for group runs, and I enjoy the more challenging content like raiding.
    5.)IDK, I'm hoping to play on TLE as long as I can. My wife and friends all decided to return with me, so hopefully we respark some old memories and continue for years to come.
    6.)I first purchased the PE for PoP thinking about leveling my 10+ toons from 95 to 110 and start raiding new content, but then I learned on TLE. So far after a week I am having fun playing this game again. I hope to be part of the larger community and spark new friendships along the way.
  12. Dinglebert Jones Member

-Launch Day
    - Group oriented
    - AoM
    - On TLE I prefer group/raid
    - Sentinel's Fate
    - I felt the game truly began "losing it's soul" when Smokejumper took over. What soul the game had left by the time the Columbus Nova deal went through was completely killed. After the layoffs the development team became so small that you could really feel the stagnation set in with the lack of creative input from a large group, especially in terms of mechanics, encounters, quests,and now crafting.
    Dude likes this.
  13. Loresinger Active Member

Launch.
    I was mostly into crafting, some solo/questing, and grouping. I did casually raid for a few expansions.
    3. Which expansion (or content update) was it that you considered yourself no longer committed to the game?I stopped playing for a while around Chains of Eternity due to health issues, and never really got back into 'end game' stuff when I did come back. Mostly just crafted, soloed, got into SH and progression guild stuff, that sort of thing.
    At this point I am more focused on group content, simply because I have done so many of these quests quite a few times now. I might be interested in casually raiding again, but not sure I'll get there.
    Not really. At this point in time I don't really have any interest in the live servers. So, whenever TLE stops being fun? When there's something on live that interests me more? Another game? But no plans to quit after a particular expansion or anything like that.
    6. Any other random thoughts?I'm slightly worried that the 12 week timeline will be too short for me, especially for some of the expansions coming down the line. Guess time will tell.
  14. Hiraeth New Member

DoF
    Roleplayer, questing, crafter
    I quit during KoS when they removed subcombines. I was so angry with the crafting changes, and generally discontent with the "try to beat WoW by becoming WoW" mindset of every MMO at the time that it was making me put sticks in my sandwiches and ore in my drinks that drove me out. I did return in 2012 and played for a few months, but I wasn't invested.
    Yes! Though I know no one roleplays on this server, and it's growing rare even on AB. But I RP in my head as my character goes on adventures, and I'll continue to love the lore and world and want to explore every corner of it.
    No. I missed practically the whole game so I'm actually playing on LTE in the hope of experiencing things I missed without it all being grey.
    I understand the general negativity that's prevalent in the community right now. I jumped on the EQNext hypetrain as soon as it was announced, was on the team at the RP fansite, had a pre-launch guild going all that, so I understand the discontent. But I just really wish that people were happier. Having been around the block and back twice in the last decade of MMOs I really think that EQ2 has a magic that doesn't exist anymore. And even if it isn't perfect (and it isn't) I wish there was more love toward the game from the people who continue to play it, and less vitrol and doom screaming.
  15. Ajilon New Member

- Launch (coming from EQ - Xev)
    - Raider/grouper/quester
    - Destiny of Velious - stopped playing pre-AoD
    - Yes? Just got here less than a month ago, so planning on raiding but haven't hit 70 yet. Not going at it like it's a job this time around, just playing for a few hours, a few days a week. There was a time I was playing easily 30-40 hours a week.
    - I'm not sure I really want to play with mercenaries. I'll probably be gone before they arrive.
    - When I downloaded the game again after having been gone for 6 years (!!), I was lost. didn't know where to go or what to do or how mercenaries and ascension classes worked. The learning curve seemed really steep, and the grind to get to end game prohibitive, even starting with level 90 characters who were well geared (from 2010 - 2011). Fallen Gate was such a RELIEF to me, I could stop being stressed about what I didn't know and just play the game I had loved. Honestly, I'm so happy this server exists. Can't wait to get to 70 and start running heroic dungeons that I still remember like the back of my hand, revisiting old raid bosses that will feel like visiting an old friend (or an old nemesis), and maybe even doing a couple epic 2.0 weapons again. It was even a little fun being poor and trying to figure out little things like making my first bags and boxes and food because I couldn't afford aaaaanything. I feel like I'm exactly the player this server was designed for, and even if it's not perfect, it's SO MUCH better than Live to me. I wish I had found it sooner, and if someday they launch another one, I'd probably play there, too, even if it seems repetitive to some players.
  16. Pone the Wonderhorse Member

-Vanilla
    -I raid, quest and group.
    -Just before Terrors of Thumberlina
    -No, I'm now trying to complete all the quests, I also only play one character now.
    -Not planning on quitting
    -Really enjoying the amount of helping other folks do for people they don't know.
    Bone
  17. Kunaak New Member

-Near the end of EOF.

-High end raider, in many world firsts kills, and #1 raid guilds over 7 years. Multiboxer in my own time.

-Plane of War, it took us a year to get to Zek... it took 4 pulls to kill him. It was the most disappointing thing I had ever experienced in a game, and I instantly knew this game was no longer for me. My class cloak dropped and I had enough DKP to get a disco on it.... I didnt bid, because I just knew I wasn't gonna be back.

-Multiboxer, crafter, HQ quester - I really enjoy the old questlines.

-I came back for Planes of Prophecy after missing like 5 expansions, It was fun for about a month.

Then I saw all the pay to win aspects of the game. The epic 2.0's requiring like 5-6 absolutely worthless quest lines just for 1 update, that will set you back a full day each - yet are 100% worthless, as you get no noticeable experience, and the rewards are worthless in current content, yet you still have to do them, so some dragon or faction guy will progress your epic 1 step.

Orange adornments are a sham - and its completely disgraceful how they took existing purple adorn sets, and remade them orange, with no changes to simply force you to get again, what you already had. Master spells are barely obtainable any more. There are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many barriers in this game now, especially to a returning player.

I am too heavily invested in this expansion to leave, but there is almost no chance I am gonna be here after this expansion.
    I severely disagree with the direction they have taken this game.

- Fervor and sathirian coins is the breaking point for me. It's such an awful feeling to see all these really powerful adornments that you have no access to, except for a short period in summer.
    If your a returning player to this game, you are so heavily penalized by how many barriers there are now, that you cant even be competitive in the game without months of backtracking, and atleast 1 full expansion of wait time to be able to earn various orange adornments.
    It is such absolutely awful feeling to see something you desperately need to make your character feel complete, and have absolutely no chance at getting them, other then waiting till next summer.
    Returning players are soooooooooooooooooooooo heavily penalized in this game.

18. Melt Actually plays the game

DoF
    Quester/Small groups (2-3)
    Planes of Prophecy. My guild kinda died from some internal struggles and I really have no reason to play without the social commitment from everybody else.
    My live guildies are on TLE now as well, so probably full grouping. Will maybe raid RoK and DoV
    DoV. From that point onward I really don't care. If it lasts until AoM (which it won't) I'll raid that as well.
    N/A
  19. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

-Vanilla
    Raider/Group
    Pretty much altar of malice, they completely destroyed class balance, added lack luster content that was copy/paste of old zones like loping plains, ferrot, etc etc. The raid content also felt like a copy/paste of a lot of old encounters and the gear I had that 2/2 purple adorns was actually better than all the new raid gear.
    Coe was a miss, TOV was great.
    -Yes.
    I'd love to play up until CoE/play ToV again but I feel like that will not happen, I'm most excited for EoF/TSO/SF/DOV
    Need to release avatars, get player input as opposed to just ignoring it, less pay to win, ban bulletcatcher.
  20. Katz Well-Known Member

Ignore me for I failed to see the TLE listed at the top. /facepalm