1. zuklaak New Member

OK, retuning player, I understand that the refuge is gone, but how do I get my alt out of it? I've googled it to death, but nothing came up.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

you could try petitioning it. i am sure they could help you. I would have thought that by logging in on the toon you would be sent to a safe place but from what i read in the past that doesn't always work. where do you come into the world when you log in?
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Might check where the bind point of the toon is. If SoE was smart they reset that so people could call to home and get out. Petition won't work unless you are paid member (All Access).
  4. suka Well-Known Member

if the bind points and the home point to refuge, then even the "go home" button like on eq1 when you are at the select character screen won't help. if seems that someone on the dev team would have thought of the problems they were creating and set up an automatic recall point for all toons who were caught in the web when they deleted the starting communities. lack of foresight because i have seen this problem repeatedly addressed by returning players.
  5. Katz Well-Known Member

Happened to me too. You have to petition and they will move it for you.

And as to what happens, you can't even log onto the character. You just get an error message. So you can't call, leave, or in anyway handle it yourself.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

that's terrible. and if they refuse to help returning players who are not all access then it is all the more terrible. i could think of plenty of reasons to deny help to a free to play player, but this isn't one of them. would be a total irresponsibility on the part of soe - whether the player is all access or not.
  7. Noctew Active Member

When a character is ejected from a zone (by it expiring or being no longer available), by default it is placed at the place it entered the zone from. Since the isles were the first zones a character ever entered...you see the problem. They have to code exceptions for such cases. The isles were still "there" for years after they stopped being a valid starting zone, so no problem at all, you could leave the isle by boat. When they finally pulled the plug for the zones, they likely just forgot to code a script to move those chars still there out.

(Makes me wonder if there are still any classless characters left out there, and if assigning them a class would still work.)
    Avahlynn, Finora and suka like this.