Reforging Ratios and Stat Weight

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gleeman, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Gleeman New Member

I am trying to write a spreadsheet for myself to make reforging my gear easier, but I haven't been able to find any current information about the stat ratios and their weight.

For example:

How much ae auto attack do I get for using casting speed as my source stat?
    How much casting speed do I get for using ae auto attack as my source stat?

Conclusions I've drawn from my brief personal experiments:

1) It appears that you can only spend between 19% - 20% of the source stat. Why is there a variance?
    2) I slowly moved my source slider with cast speed as my source and ae auto as my destination. When I hit 1.0 on ae auto I had spent 2.1 casting speed. I assumed that when I hit 2.0 ae auto that I would have spent 4.2 casting speed, but after moving the slider bar, I actually only spent 4.1 casting speed. Why is there a variance?

Thanks a lot for your help and information.
  2. Skitterfast Well-Known Member

/em ponders floating points and rounding.

I don't have a definitive answer, but I am sure other do.
  3. duckster Active Member

I believe this is still accurate. Thanks go to snapshot for doing the maths :

Ability mod: 0.05
    Ability Casting Speed: 8
    Ability Reuse: 5
    Block Chance: 3.2
    Multi Attack: 2
    DPS: 2.85
    Haste: 2
    Mitigation Increase: 3
    Stikethrough: 9
    Accuracy: 12
    Spell Doublecast: 5
    AE Auto: 16
    Riposte Dmg: 0.5
    Riposte Chance: 3
    Hate Gain: 5
    Ability Recovery: 5
    Parry Chance: 3
    Flurry: 5

These are point values given to each stat by the Reforger. You just multiply how much of a stat is on an item by their point value, then divide by the point value of the stats you'e reforging in to. Lets say an item has 100 DPS on it. You can reforge 80 of that DPS. Multiply 80x the DPS point value of 2.85 for a value of 228. So if you want to reforge to haste, divide by its point value of 2, and you see you can reforge 80 DPS to 114 Haste.
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I haven't bothered to check, but is the hard limit for any source stat 80% of that stat or does that limit only apply to DPS?
    Belenos likes this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

Belenos and duckster like this.
  6. Jrel Well-Known Member

^^This is why I always do my own math doublechecking. For example, I knew DPS was 2.86 looong ago.

You can reforge 80% of the original stat; and there is rounding. There is also math "behind the scenes" that the numbers in the Reforging window will not show, although doing the math outside the game will be correct, AND the final reforge amounts will be correct.

For example, on one of my armor pieces, legs or boots, I don't recall which exactly, the reforging window was showing that I was getting less of a return than I should have been (like maybe it was off by 0.1 of something). Trivial complaint right?; except when you're trying to get exactly 100% of something and you're adjusting by 0.1%, it gets annoying. But after reforging, the new stats on the item reflected the correct math, and I didn't under or over-reforge.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

How feasible would it be to use this:
    Code:
    <reforging_constants_list>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="All" destination="1" source="1" cost="0.0499" type="7" id="7"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="spelltimecastpct" destination="1" source="1" cost="8" type="6" id="55"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="spelltimereusepct" destination="1" source="1" cost="5" type="6" id="53"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="blockchance" destination="0" source="1" cost="3.2" type="6" id="44"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="doubleattackchance" destination="1" source="1" cost="2" type="6" id="39"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="dps" destination="1" source="1" cost="2.86" type="6" id="29"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="attackspeed" destination="1" source="1" cost="2" type="6" id="17"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="armormitigationincrease" destination="0" source="1" cost="3" type="6" id="69"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="strikethrough" destination="1" source="1" cost="9" type="6" id="71"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="accuracy" destination="1" source="1" cost="12" type="6" id="73"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="spelldoubleattackchance" destination="0" source="1" cost="5" type="6" id="40"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="aeautoattackchance" destination="1" source="1" cost="16" type="6" id="38"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="ripostedamage" destination="1" source="1" cost="0.5" type="6" id="60"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="ripostechance" destination="0" source="1" cost="3" type="6" id="35"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="hategainmod" destination="1" source="1" cost="5" type="6" id="23"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="spelltimerecoverypct" destination="1" source="1" cost="5" type="6" id="54"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="parrychance" destination="0" source="1" cost="3" type="6" id="36"/>
    <reforging_constants display_name="" name="flurry" destination="0" source="1" cost="5" type="6" id="41"/>
    </reforging_constants_list>
    in order to make a reforging calculator for the gear that one has equipped?
    Belenos likes this.
  8. Flatline Well-Known Member

Where is dethdlr hiding!?!?! :)
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

I've been very tempted. If I kept the scope under control to just "load a character, see your current stats, put sliders under each item, and then show the resulting stats as you move each slider", I think that would hit the bullseye of what people want. Anything more complicated than that sounds painful.

Dedith is currently working on a Virtual Character creator/modifier for his Dragon's Armory site. You'll be able to load a character and completely swap out gear, adornments, and adjust your reforging and see your resulting stats. My spleen hurts just thinking about the code involved.
    Spindle likes this.