Reforging & Conjurors in Tears of Veeshan

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Sigrdrifa, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I see that reforging to swap MA and DPS mod is The Big Thing for melee classes in Beta. I have not seen much in the way of discussion of what kind of reforging a conjuror (or other mage classes) should expect.

I have heard suggestions that we need 200,000 hitpoints, and I know the raids require ~500 crit chance or more, so that's one thing to address. I know my raid will want to start playing immediately with the intro raid zone, and so I'll definitely make those two changes ASAP.

What other stats are going to require emphasis in TOV, for those of you have been testing? In my COE HM raid gear, the overland and Advanced Solo zones have been reasonably easy, but when we were trying that first raid the TRASH was kicking our hineys.
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

you need 600 CC to start raiding in ToV
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Mining the Beta forums for scraps of information and making my own observations in Beta, this is what I am guessing:
    • We need 600 crit chance for EM raiding, 650 CC for HM raiding (Per Gninja)
    • Health of ~400,000
    • We want a lot of Doublecast.
    • Casting Speed soft-caps at 100%, and overcapping should go into Doublecast at 1 every 20.
    • Go for 100%+ on Recovery Speed and Reuse Speed.
    • We need very little Multi Attack or DPS.
    • Adornments for Potency, Crit Bonus, Magical Skill, Ability Mod.
  4. Aniathor Member

go for 68% recovery cuz bards give 32
    200 attack speed
    200 ma
    600 dps mod

i would try to stay around 20k mod , but go for as much casting speed as possible for DC chance.
  5. Geobaldi01 New Member

Are you saying that we should give up some potency gear for melee/range stat gear? I only ask cause from what I've seen on beta, Any of the armor pieces that give those stats do so at the cost of losing potency.
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Mages need DPS if they want their ranged wands hit hard. And they do. It was fixed.

For Geobaldi. No. Don't give up potency gear. Get few pieces with reuse and ab mod but mostly go for casting speed gear. You can reforge casting speed in practically everything better than anything else and cap every stat. I was sitting at 450 pot and 490 cb with 630 dps, 200 ma and attack speed and reuse, cast , recovery at 100 and 11k ab mod as coercer. And had 6% double cast which I don't need much either and 7% flurry. Double cast can be gained with new dragon dps trees. You want to give up pot only if you are trully melee which mages in general are not.

Coercer don't need even that much of ab mod. Capped too quickly and it's wasted.
  7. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Different mages will want different stats... Wiz/Lock, Conjy/Necro will like more Pot/Mod as their attacks hit harder, while chanters will get some significant gains from dps/MA and their melee AA lines.
  8. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Strength line in chanter tree works now for ranged weapons as well. Chanters as all mages need potency too. If the difference in numbers b/w cb and pot is big the chanters' dps goes down. Casting speed reforges in everything. Having both cb and pot and capped dps and ma is better than only cb and practically no pot. Tested it in beta on my chanter. Especially illusionists now benefit greatly from fixed spell weapon damage and ab mod. Good luck.
  9. Lazary New Member

do we still need Spell reuse? and what happen to 50% to both reuse?, does ability reuse cover both of them?
  10. Whitetide Active Member

We want 100% total from the two combined. Doesn't really matter which it's in.
  11. Whitetide Active Member

Is DPS mod and MA worth it instead of stacking as much as you can into cast speed for doublecast? I can't see my focus weapon putting out that much dps. I've got two items with DC on it, a purple rune, plus over casting cap putting me @ ~30% doublecast right now. Don't really know if that is a good number or not based on my gear, or how high others are reaching with it.
  12. Aniathor Member

As far as reforges are concerned:

These stats you can easily achieve and are also the most important.

• 200 casting speed
    • 95 combined ability/spell reuse
    • 68 recovery
    • 20-25 accuracy

Stack Mod, and DPS mod as you see fit. My goal atm is 25k ability mod, and 600dps mod (am about 100dps mod in raids short of this goal). Ability mod will outparse DPS mod until you start to see caps on most of ur spells. Also would be trying to gain flurry from overcaping haste, but never under 200. Multi attack @ ~ 200.
  13. Whitetide Active Member

I'm definitely going for casting stats before melee... but so far I can't get anywhere near what I want. Not sure if it's gear, wrong gear choice, wrong reforging, or what. Oh well. I'll figure it out.