Reforge into Melee Spec?

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-Mohee, Jun 4, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Now that Skyshrine has been out for a little while now, I've got an idea that I am working on.
    You may ask "Why?" You may think it's stupid. But I am one to try anything and see how it goes, if its never been done before. I am all about taking my conjuror to the limits and doing things most think aren't possible.
    Conjuror has been my main class for 7 years. Recently (6 or so months ago) I switched to my Fury for raiding and it has been a blast. After farming Skyshrine a bit with the Fury, I suddenly had an idea for my Conjuror, and maybe I'll start playing him again.
    The idea is simple. Reforge all Spell Weapon stats into Multi Attack, Haste, and DPS and other Melee based stats. Then see what the scout pet is capable of. I've always wanted to some how, some way, make the scout pet a viable option! Do something outside of the norm, make other Conjy's go "what the...?" as I use my scout pet and actually pump out excellent DPS.
    I have 1 set of gear already that is reforged into the stats you would normally reforge for as a mage.
    I currently have about 6 pieces of new stuff (armor and jewelery) saved up to have a 2nd set just for melee/scout pet.
    Has anyone else tried something like this with the conjuror yet?
    Already with the 6 pieces, i've previewed the reforges and can already reach about 400 ma, 125% attack speed, and 100+ dps. With the rest of the set, it should be easy to reach 600+ MA, DPS max, and then the rest into attack speed (overcap for more flurry)
    I'll post some DPS Parses of the scout pet once this experiment is complete (if no one tries it before I do).
    Thoughts, Questions, comments?
  2. ARCHIVED-Azomonas Guest

Last time I checked (since skyshrine) melee stats were not shared with any of our pets, aside from melee skills. It could/would be nice to give a boost to the scout/fighter, but this would probably help out the new pet class more. I haven't played around much with my BL to see what portion of damage comes from a Pete's pet's autoattack, but I imagine it'd be more than ours. Maybe Buffrat can weigh in on this point?
  3. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

I just checked, and you are absolutely right.
    Which doesn't quite make sense to me because things like doublecast, cast speeds, and some other blue stats are shared with the Mage pet.
    So... scrap my entire idea lol. I guess SOE just doesn't want us using scout pets no matter what.

Awesome.