Reflections not working please help

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by willocks, Feb 9, 2013.

1. willocks New Member

I used to have awesome reflections in all mirrors and i used to be able to watch outside my windows

All windows and mirrors turned white !!

checkbox for reflections is on

i use this gfx card with latest drivers on a hp probook 6550b:
    intel (r) Hd graphics 8.15.10.2622 about 2gb

Its changed since last week please help

regards
    Willocks from Freeport Server
  2. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Willlocks, mind posting a screenshot of this?
  3. willocks New Member

4. willocks New Member

the white mirror!!
  5. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Very odd, I'll look this over and see If I can figure out what's going on. Thanks for the screenshot.
  6. Ashnolo New Member

I too have a probook 6550b. I came here looking to solve this exact problem. However, I've been playing EQ2 on this machine for over a year and never had reflections and couldn't see thru my windows in my New Halas Manors of Erollisi home. I saw my house on my brothers computer and was shocked that the mirrors reflected and you could see thru the windows. I checked the "reflections" check box but still no joy, so I came to the forums to look for an answer and found this thread...

Intel® HD Graphics (Core i5)
    Driver Version:8.15.10.2858
    Operating System: (6.2.9200)
    Default Language:English (United States)
    DirectX* Version:10.1
    Physical Memory:3887 MB
    Minimum Graphics Memory:32 MB
    Maximum Graphics Memory:1696 MB
    Graphics Memory in Use:135 MB
    Processor:Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
    Processor Speed:2527 MHz
    Vendor ID:8086
    Device ID:0046
    Device Revision:02

* Accelerator Information *

Accelerator in Use:Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Video BIOS:2009.0
    Current Graphics Mode:1366 by 768
  7. Ashnolo New Member

here is my new halas window. At my brother's house I realized it was possible to actually see outside/inside from the window...

[IMG]
  8. Ashnolo New Member

anyone know what setting/software/video capability controls the windows being transparent? I've reformatted from Windows 8 back to 7 and installed latest video drivers and flashed the latest BIOS. I tried all the performance settings in game and the reflections checkbox. I can't see reflections or see through windows still... any suggestions?
  9. Ashnolo New Member

I'm not sure if anyone else is even reading this thread... but, I got reflections to work if I set the performance to "extreme performance" (the lowest setting) and check the reflections box. Any higher performance setting and its a white mirror. My house windows are opaque still tho...

edit: ok, no matter what performance setting, if I set "complex shader distance" to -1, I have reflection, but no animation. moving the slider to any positive number disables my reflection.
  10. Ashnolo New Member

if I manually edit my eq2_recent.ini to set the r_fast_layer_min_distance to 0, my mirror will reflect until i get right next to it and my waterfall animations don't show until i stand right next to them... when at a working distance from my mirror, i can check and uncheck the "reflections" box and it has no effect - with my complex shader distance set to zero unchecking the box doesn't disable reflections. hopefully someone who knows more than me can use this info.

btw, i have yet to find a setting that lets me see through my windows
  11. willocks New Member

Ashnolo we both have the same computer and wat you see in "extreme performance" mode is called a cube map
    its not the actual reflection but a simulation of it

after many many emails soe conclussion is the following:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Willocks,

Unfortunately at this point there is very little which can be done to resolve your issue based on your current hardware setup and the steps in which you have already taken. As our games are not designed or directly supported to run correctly with Intel graphics hardware I am fairly surprised to have heard that reflections worked at all for you previously as Intel video hardware does not support the vast majority of texture shaders the game uses for graphics such as reflections and water clarity. The best suggestion I can offer would be to try ensure that the streaming version of EverQuest II has fully and completely installed as a missing game texture may be the cause of your issue. You may also want to try re-toggling the reflections option in-game under Display>Performance>Reflections and see if the problem persists.

Best of luck!

Regards,

Sean F.

Technical Support Representative, Tier 2

Contact SOE Account, Billing, and Technical Support

Phone, Chat, and Email:
    http://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939

--------------------------------

ive been reinstalling and messing with display options forever but nothing works

im giving up for now because i get the idea that they wont support intel integrated gpu

i hope we will find a sollution someday
  12. Ashnolo New Member

thanks for the reply willocks. I didn't realize the cube map/reflection difference. I do agree that intel graphics cards are far from ideal. If you get your reflections back let me know, and I'll do the same.
  13. willocks New Member

thanks for your reply,

If I get my reflections back ill let you know
  14. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

We'll be here if you have any more questions or concerns in the matter.
  15. ljbnomad New Member

Um, EQ2 IS aware that nVidia is not the only graphic card to support? Intel video cards are significant in the market and it is pretty unacceptable that your devs don't manage to support them properly. World-class game requires world-class platform/video support, yes? I mean, come on!